Riding Break for Two People
• Choice of Western or English saddles
• Bed and breakfast accommodation
• Room based on one double with en-suite for two to share
• Continental breakfast
• Safety hats are provided
• You may be part of a group of up to 8 riders led by a guide
Choose from the following voucher options
• One night accommodation plus a 2 hr group forest ride on one day
• One night accommodation plus a 2 hr group forest ride on two days
• Two night accommodation plus a 2 hr group forest ride on two days
Check out our main gifts section for an amazing selection of gift ideas tailored for your special occasion from IntotheBlue.
What Can I Expect
Make a weekend of it on horseback with our special horse riding experiences that include accommodation for two and rides out! Enjoy the slower pace of life as you spend a couple of days on a weekday or weekend break riding horses, having a trot about and generally loving the peace and quiet of Hampshire's New Forest.
These breaks include one or two nights in a double room at Bashley House. This guest house is merely metres away from the stables and run by the same family. It's also on the southern edge of the forest and just a short walk from the 'local' Rising Sun Inn, a must for hearty local meals and refreshing drinks during your weekend of exploring the area and riding around on your horse.
Your trusty steed will be waiting for you, ready to head off on the local trails. As well as the accommodation, these weekend packages include a choice of riding slots. On the one night breaks you can choose between one or two hacks that last two hours, whilst the extended two night break comes with two riding sessions for you both. And it doesn't matter whether you are an experienced rider, or have never been on a horse before, every hack and trail will be tailored to your ability in the saddle.
Talking of horse saddles, two styles of riding are offered on these experience weekends, namely Western and traditional English. In general, beginners feel more comfortable on the Western-style set up and the treks are kept to walking or jogging pace on easy paths, but if you are at ease on your horse and happy on an English saddle, rides can be at a walk and trot and on more challenging forest routes.
What we love about this type of overnight horse riding experience is that they are open to riders from 12 years old, making them the ideal weekend break away for young horse riding fans and adults alike. You also get a real feel of the countryside and forests around the stables, as you are guided on all rides, giving you plenty of time to see the sights of this most lovely part of the country, so canter down to Hampshire and enjoy a weekend with these lovely horses and ponies!
• This experience is available between March and October except on Mondays, Bank Holidays and weekends in July and August
• English saddle rides are available Tuesday to Friday
• Bashley House has three double rooms, sleeping a maximum of 6 people
• If fully booked an alternative B+B of similar grading may be supplied
• Riding sessions will take place in all weathers
• Minimum age is 12 years old
• Maximum weight is 15 stone
• Riders must wear long trousers and shoes or boots with a heel, flat soled shoes or trainers are not suitable
• Shoulders must be covered
• No previous riding experience is required
• You will need to provide the following details for each rider when booking: height, weight and level of any previous riding experience (Beginner, Novice or Experienced)
• This experience is not suitable during pregnancy and may not be suitable for other medical conditions and disabilities. Please check before if in doubt
• This activity is not suitable for spectators
• Additional riding time may be available to book on the day
• The centre can recommend accommodation and places to eat nearby
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You can upgrade to private rides at extra cost at the time of booking with the stables
• The riding school is located near New Milton on the southern edge of the New Forest
• Lesson are normally taken one per day
• Two lessons taken in one day are subject to availability
• There are no gallops or jumps
• The first 10 minutes of this ride are spent in training to settle horse and rider