A Helicopter Flight over London
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Flights from Essex are 25-30 minute flights
• Flights from Surrey are 30-35 minute flights
• You flight will cover many of the famous sights of London
• The route maybe altered by Air Traffic Control
What Can I Expect
Helicopter flights over London in a swanky executive chopper! This has got to be one of the very best ways to see the sights of London from the air. Leaving in a helicopter from your choice of three helipads, your flight will take your right over the heart of London and beyond.
The helicopters used for these flights are renowned for being amongst the world's most comfortable and reliable aircraft and, as you might expect, the view of London from the cabin windows are excellent. In total, each flight in these helicopters will last around 30 minutes, giving you ample of time to take photos of London as you look down on everything the 'Big Smoke' has to offer.
There are different rendezvous points for this experience, with venues in Essex and Surrey that are easy to reach from both central London and surrounding counties.
Once all passengers are comfortable, the rotor blades will start up and you'll rise, gracefully yet powerfully, into the air. As the greenery of the suburbs gives way to the modern skyscrapers and historic buildings of London, your helicopter flight will hover over and then follow the curve of the River Thames, so you can get a good look at this whole riverside area from the Thames Barrier up to the Houses of Parliament.
Return flights will follow a similar route over London, so no matter which side of the helicopter you are seated, you'll miss nothing of the city's splendour. In fact, we can safely say that this sightseeing flight by helicopter ranks with the best in the world and that it certainly has the 'wow' factor.
Helicopter flights over London are available from spring through to autumn and London's best can be enjoyed from the air by anyone aged six or over. Please note that any helicopter flight heading over central London is subject to strict air traffic control, which may mean a change to the planned route. Nationwide helicopter flights are also on offer from IntotheBlue, please see our main helicopter lessons page.
• Selected dates dependant on the location chosen
• All flights are subject to weather conditions
• Morning and afternoon flights are usually available
• Flights usually operate from March to October
• Maximum passenger weight 17 stone (108kg)
• Minimum passenger age is 6
• Children must have their own seat and be accompanied by a participating parent if under 12
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch take off and landing and take photographs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Redhill, Surrey
• Chobham, Surrey
• North Weald, Essex
• Please note locations are subject to change