• A helicopter flying lesson for one person with a guest accompanying you
• Welcome, introduction and technical & safety briefing
• Flights are taken in a Robinson R44 (4 seater) helicopter
• A 30 minute experience with a flight time of approximately 12 minutes
• This experience is 1:1 with a qualified instructor
• Glass of non-alcoholic bubbly each and a box of chocolates to enjoy!
• Personalised flying certificate
What Can I Expect
Rotary fun for the pair of you on a helicopter flight for two! As you take a lesson, your invitee rides in the helicopter as a passenger. And with the extra touch of a box of chocolates and a flute of bubbles included, it all makes for one romantic helicopter ride for the two of you.
These 30 minute experience helicopter flights for two are operated out of Elstree Aerodrome using a Robinson R44. It's a rather nifty four seater machine, so there’s plenty of room for both of you and the all-important instructor too, which is quite convenient and pretty essential!
So, first things first. On arrival, you'll meet your helicopter pilot host for this ride for two. This is a pretty buzzing aerodrome just on the cusp of the London skyline, so there's aways a fair amount of take offs and landings going on.
After a safety and technical ground briefing, the two of you will then head out to the helipad to meet your R44. These are one of the world's most popular helis, with a reputation for being robust, reliable and easy to fly. If you've never flown in any type of helicopter before, the two of you will be pretty excited pre-take off, as final checks are done the rotor blades start turning.
As soon as you get airborne, you get an immediate visual on just where you are in the country. There's the busy M1 motorway. And just below you check out Hilford Park Reservoir. As your chopper turns, you might find yourselves heading over the likes of the Warner Bros and Elstree studios. Then before you know it, there's that London town on the horizon!
Whilst your passenger is enjoying the local sights from your elevated look-out of the helicopter, you’re not just here for the ride - you’re here to fly. And this is the moment you will be handed the controls. Savour the moment you turned from helicopter rider to helicopter driver - it’s going to feel special, that’s for sure.
Which is also why when you get back down on the ground, there’ll be a little presentation and a toast to the two of you. Time to crack open the box of chocs and sip the (non-alcoholic) fizz, as a celebration of the day you both went on a helicopter flight for two from Elstree Aerodrome.
• Lessons are available on weekdays only
• Sessions are available between 9am and 4pm
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 10
• Minimum height 4ft 6ins
• Under 16's must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield and have parental consent
• Maximum height 7ft
• Maximum weight 20 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
• One guest to ride in the helicopter and observe the lesson, with great photo opportunities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Professionally edited DVDs and photos of your flight can be purchased on the day
• The flight time includes landing and take-off
• Flight durations are subject to air traffic control and weather conditions
• Refreshments are available to purchase on site
• Please note you must have booked and taken your experience before the expiry date
• Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire