• A Cotswolds Helicopter Flight
• Welcome, safety briefing and introduction by your helicopter pilot
• You may be with two other participants if flying in the Robinson R44 and four other passengers if flying in the AS350 Single Squirrel helicopter
Cotswolds Buzz Flight
• 8 mile flight lasting around 5 minutes
• View the local scenery from an aerial perspective
• Allow 15 minutes for this experience
Cotswolds Pleasure Flight
• 16 mile flight lasting around 10 minutes
• A scenic flight over Cotswold villages and countryside including Cirencester Park, the Cotswold Hills with a view of the 12th Century church and market place plus the remains of a 2nd century ampitheatre
• Allow 20 minutes for this experience
Cotswolds Sightseeing Tour
• 34 mile flight lasting around 20 minutes
• Bird's eye views of Cotswold villages, stately homes and countryside including the Cotswold Escarpment and the historic Roman town of Cirencester
• Allow 30 minutes for this experience
What Can I Expect
Fly over the famous 'Wolds' on a Cotswold helicopter tour! Often cited as being the most beautiful cluster of villages and towns in the country, the Cotswolds will take on a whole new meaning when you get to see it all from the air on this luxury heli tour.
Taking off from the Cotswold Airfield near Cirencester, you will be touring the local area in either a Robinson or a Single Squirrel helicopter. The spritely Robinson seats three plus the pilot, whilst the sleek Single Squirrel carries up to five passengers. And both definitely look the part, with leather seating and executive-style dark livery - just as any discerning VIP would like!
So, get comfy in your seat and prepare for take off. As you rise gracefully into the air, you'll be amazed how quickly you gain altitude. Before long you'll be high above this Area of Outstanding Nature Beauty and you'll be swooping over the picturesque countryside and wolds (which is the word for the gentle hillsides so typical of the Cotswolds). Our helicopter tour flight durations range from a five minute local buzz around, to a full 20 minutes.
During your tour you'll easily be able to pick out the Cotswold villages and towns below, as you watch out of the helicopter window. Depending on how long you've got, you might see Chedworth, with its famous 1700 year old Roman 'stately home' with mosaics, water shrine and latrine, as well as Cirencester itself and its famous amphitheatre. You may know these sights from the ground, but looking at them from 1000ft up in the air takes on a whole new meaning.
You certainly won't be able to miss Cleeve Hill either, the highest point of the Cotswolds at 330m above sea level, or the escarpment often referred to as Cotswold Edge that runs the length and the breadth of this most charming corner of the Shires.
We think a Cotswold helicopter tour is the only way to see this wonderful melange of rolling countryside, sleepy little hamlets and vibrant market towns. After all, in the Cotswolds it's all about history and heritage, from Roman origins to the pastoral ways of life that make this unique area such a delight to discover from the superb 'toy town' viewpoint that only a tour in an executive helicopter can give you.
• Selected days of the month usually at weekends throughout the year
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• No minimum or maximum age requirements but all under 10's must accompanied in the helicopter by a fare paying adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Spectators are welcome to view take off and landing
• There is a cafeteria on site for refreshments for waiting guests
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Passengers must arrive 20 minutes prior to their flight time
• Tour routes can vary due to change due to weather conditions and air traffic control
• Upgrades to a co-pilot experience are available for an additional fee when booking your date (subject to availability)
• Flights depart from Cotswold Airport near Cirencester