• Drive Hammerhead GTS 150cc buggies
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• You will be fitted with a safety helmet
• Get strapped into the drivers seat for a practice lap with one of the instructor marshals
• On completion of a successful practice lap you will be set loose on the off-road course
• Approximately 20 minutes driving time, including tuition
• There will be up to 4 buggies on the course at any one time
• A passenger may ride with you for an additional charge of £10 payable on the day
• Please allow one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Make a muddy splash with these dirt buggies in Reading! This lakeside centre is home to a whole host of activities, including the on-shore, dirt-filled extravaganza that is buggying in a powerful Hammerhead GTS 150 dirt buggy. Get ready to rip it up in Reading y’all!
Hammerhead has been making off road dirt buggies in the USA for years. It’s one of the most popular brands there is out there and now these Hammerhead GTS150s are in Reading for you to enjoy. The air-cooled 149cc engine gives a suitably throaty growl, whilst the funky body styling and wraparound panels give it all the style you need to hit the track.
Driving a dirt buggy like the Hammerhead is easy as pie. It’s an electric start and the transmission is simply forward-neutral-reverse, so no problems there. The steering wheel is adjustable according to height and the buggy has individually adjustable bucket seats too, fitted with five-point harnesses to keep you nice and snug in there.
And you’ll need to be fully strapped in when you head out in these buggies. That’s because they are actually rear two wheel drive. That means lots of oversteer and swinging the back-end round the slippery corners, as you battle to keep the Hammerhead on track and going in the right direction.
The buggy track that’s been built at this Reading centre is a toughie. Don’t let the tree-lined entry fool you. It soon starts to test you with an onslaught of tricky turns and chicanes. Add in to that mix a couple of nice long straights and this is where you can put your foot to the metal and feel your buggy (almost) fly.
If you want to even up the weight distribution in there, why not invite a passenger to join you? These impressive Hammerhead GTS150s are all two seaters, so you can have a co-pilot onboard with you (additional charge payable). As you go hurtling around the track, there’ll be a maximum of four buggies out at once, so a dirt buggy session in Reading is ideal for a small group or family day out for some powersport fun.
• Experiences generally operate Thursdays to Sundays from April to November, subject to availability
• Minimum driver age 16
• Minimum passenger age 12
• All under 18's must be accompanied on site by a parent or guardian who must sign an indemnity on their behalf
• Friends and family are very welcome, there are seating areas close to the track for spectators
• Dogs on leads are permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A 'Dirt Pack' consisting of disposable overalls and gloves is available to purchase for £6 per set
• Onsite changing rooms, toilets and lockers (subject to availability)
• Food and drink is available to purchase from vending machines or 'Bar & Grill' located in the main clubhouse
• Beach and paddling area for smaller children
• On site car parking available for £3 per car per day
• Bring old and spare clothes as you will be getting dirty
• Pingewood, Reading, Berkshire, RG30
• Conveniently located 5 minutes from junction 11 of the M4 at Reading