• An open cockpit gyrocopter flying experience
• A pre flight safety briefing and explanation of the controls and route plan
• Choose from a 30 or 60 minute flight duration
• An opportunity to take the controls
• A flying suit and helmet are provided
What Can I Expect
Fun gyrocopter flights out of Halfpenny Green Airport near Wolverhampton! We are offering 30 and 60-minute flights in an open-cockpit gyrocopter, departing from this delightful General Aviation airfield near Stourbridge, flying over the lovely South Staffordshire area.
With Wolverhampton to the north east and Stourbridge to the south east and Birmingham in between, this airport is well-placed for exploring the West Midlands. If you already know the area, you’ll be able to chat to your gyro instructor to work out where you’d like to fly. There are lots of options available to you and loads to see while you’re up there in the gyrocopter.
From fancy country houses and hotels, to canals and industrial heritage, this area has it all. Within moments of taking off in your gyrocopter from Halfpenny Green, you’ll see you are surrounded by golf courses. Halfpenny Green, Enville, Worfield and Himley Hall are all within spotting (or should that be 'putting') distance.
It’s a lovely part of the world, with lots of rolling countryside and not massively overpopulated. And it’s all the more delightful to explore when you're sitting in an open-cockpit aircraft. This is proper gyrocopter flying that’s open to the elements and affords you the best views (and a flying suit to keep you nice and cosy!).
If, on the longer flights, you head in a westerly direction towards Bridgnorth, you might well see the likes of Bridgnorth’s Cliff Railway, with the resplendent castle gardens and even the mill at Knowle Sands. Taking a southerly flight path towards Stourbridge will give you views of this pleasant market town, including Steven’s Park and the impressive sandstone rocks at Kinver.
What you get to see on your gyrocopter flight out of Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport very much depends on weather conditions on the day and any other flying restrictions. In essence you and your pilot come up with the flight plan together, so you fly where you want to! Stay fairly local on the 30-minute flight, or head further afield on the 60-minute session. And in both cases, there’s time for you to have a go at the controls of the gyro yourself!
• Gyrocopter flights take place on weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• All dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight 17 stone (110kgs)
• Maximum height 6ft 5ins (195 cms)
• You need to be agile enough to get in and out of the gyrocopter
• No previous flying experience is required
• Please seek medical advice if you have previously suffered a heart condition or other medical complaint such as back or neck problems
• This experience is not suitable for pregnant mothers
• All participants must complete an information sheet and waiver prior to flying
• Spectators are welcome to watch your gyrocopter flight
• There is an onsite cafe and a great viewing area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear outdoor clothing suitable for the season, closed and flat footwear and bring gloves for the flight
• Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport near Bobbington, South Staffordshire