• Single seater grass kart driving experience
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• 1 to 1 instruction on handling the Gemini Dominator buggy and its controls
• Drive the 4 acre race track with lumps, bumps, chicanes and drifting bends to test your skills
• You'll receive 20 minutes drive time in total broken up into two ten minute sessions
• You will form part of a group of 6 participants
• There will be up to 3 karts on the track at any one time
• Allow one hour on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Can you cut it in the grass kart? These funky off road go karts are great to drive on the green stuff. You’re sure to be grappling like mad with the steering on this brilliant grass karting track in Fordsham.
Designed and built in the UK, the Gemini Dominator kart is a right little pocket of punchiness. With a really low centre of gravity, but impressive ground clearance at the same time, they handle really well on this Cheshire off road karting circuit. They are also really easy to drive too - it’s just a case of rev and go - so those as young as 12 can drive them, making this a superb choice for families and small groups alike.
Of course, we have to admit that the Gemini does look like a roll cage on wheels, but that’s what makes it so agile. That space-frame chassis is tough, but lightweight and the lack of body panels helps keep the overall weight down and the fun factor up. Yes, you’ll feel pretty exposed in the completely open cockpit, but bouncing along in your off road go kart is all par for the course with these sort of buggies.
As for build extras on the Gemini? Well, if you’re lucky you might get mud guards. But we think kicking up the turf and soil is all part of grass karting. Don’t go expecting anything fancy like ABS, power steering, or comforts like a windscreen - this is (excuse the pun) grass roots go karting at its best.
After being shown the Dominator’s controls, you’ll be out there on your own on the track. That’s because these Geminis are single seater, so there’s no room for anyone to hitch a ride. It’s up to you to go out there and go for it. Those extra knobbly tyres on the buggy will do you proud, as you swing into and out of the corners, take flight over the bumps and accelerate off down the straight.
It’s pretty full-on piloting an off road kart like the Gemini, so experiences are run with a maximum of three karts on the track at any one time. You’ll be taking your madcap buggy out for 10 laps of the four-acre circuit filled with drifting bends, chicanes, lumps and bumps.
• Weekends throughout the year with selected weekdays
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Suitable for age 12 plus
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on site
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Height restrictions: minimum 150cm, maximum 196cm
• A good general level of fitness is required
• Not suitable during pregnancy
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Wear comfortable clothing and long trousers suitable for the outdoors
• It is advisable to bring a towel and a spare change of clothes
• Waterproof clothing is advised, disposable suits can be purchased on site for a charge of £7.50 if required
• For groups of over 6 please contact Into the Blue for more information and pricing
• Frodsham, Cheshire