• A two night midweek break in a Yurt
• All cooking utensils, tea towels, crockery and cutlery
• Washing up liquid, bowl, kettle, pans, bottle opener/corkscrew
• Solar lantern and a 5KW wood burning heater with one box of wood
• Two ring cooking stove
• Cool box with ice packs - there is no electricity!
• Sleeps up to 4 - One double futon with duvet, pillows and covers, one smaller double futon without bedlinen*
• Sleeps up to 5 - One double futon with duvet, pillows and covers, one double futon and one single futon without bedlinen*
* Additional bed linen can be provided for an additional charge, or guests can provide their own bedlinen
What Can I Expect
You can't get much closer to nature than a spot of Glamping in Sussex when you stay in a yurt! This is the ideal opportunity to connect with nature, as you spend two nights in one of these magnificent Mongolian-style yurts in Sussex that comfortably sleep two people. No electricity, no WiFi and no hassle. What's not to love?
This East Grinstead ecotourism project is the brainchild of Lisa and Charles, who are very much into self-subsistence and each yurt is placed in the middle of ancient Sussex woodland, complete with a wildlife pond to create its own diverse ecosystem, including a plethora of edible plants.
Inside the yurts it's a very calm and cosy place to stay, with a wood burning stove, a double bed, cooking stove, all the utensils you need for basic cooking and (essential for any glamping trip) a cool box to keep that bottle of vino chilled as you sit and just generally take in the quietness of the Sussex countryside all around you and just forget about everyday life for a little while.
And it will be pretty tranquil here in Sussex as there are currently just two yurts nestled in the woodlands. 'Kushti' is a traditional Mongolian yurt that offers authentic glamping for four, with the beautiful painted wood all around and the burner being the centre piece of the yurt. The 'Savannah' is a locally crafted and built yurt that sleeps five, with an outside decking area and the wood burner off-centre, giving you a more open feel inside.
This glamping Sussex site is open all year round to welcome you for your midweek, two night break. The setting is truly lovely and depending on the time of year you book in, you might be surrounded by indigenous flowers such as bluebells and daffodils. Most visitors go to enjoy the chance of sleeping in these yurts, as well as making the most of the peace and quiet in this Sussex haven, with days spent reading, going for walks, enjoying pub lunches or BBQs and the simple pleasure of catching up on sleep! Utter bliss.
• Available for midweek days only throughout the year
• Check in between 3-6pm
• Check out 11am
• Minimum age 18
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
• There are various courses available on site to participate in during your stay for an additional charge
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You will need refuse sacks as you must remove all your own rubbish from site
• Slippers or thick socks as no outdoor footwear may be worn in the yurt
• Wellington boots, sun screen and insect repellent are advisable
• Towels, toilet rolls, torch and replacement batteries should be taken
• Dogs are not allowed on site
• Take your own food and drink
• Showers are available at a charge of £1 (coin feed)
• Additional boxes of wood are available at £5 per box (NO wood foraging allowed)
• Logs are available at a charge of £5.00 per bag for fire pits
• Locally produced charcoal is available in 3 kilo bags for £6.50
• Cool box ice bricks may be refrozen for £1
• Washing up facilities may be found outside the shower
• Additional beds and bedding are available on request at £10 per person
• In woodland near East Grinstead, Sussex