• Welcome and introduction over a delicious G & T
• Try a further 5 different gins and the tonics that compliment them
• Learn about which tonics go best with each gin and how to garnish them
• Enjoy freshly prepared canapes prepared by the Head Chef
• You will form part of a group of up to 20 participants
• Tasting sessions last for around two hours
What Can I Expect
This is your invitation to the finest gin tasting joint in Stourbridge! The two of you will enjoy a gently gin-soaked afternoon or evening tasting various gins and learning which tonics go best with each of them. Hosted by a very knowledgeable ginthusiast, these sessions and convivial and fun - the best in the West Midlands in fact!
You'll be looked after by the very jovial team at Dr Hardwicke’s Gin Emporium near Stourbridge. You’ll be welcomed with a G&T as you gather for your gin tasting and then once seated at the cluster of tables in the bar, it’s time to begin. After the introductions have been done, you’ll work your way through the five gins being presented.
And what a fine selection it is! With gins from all over the world, it’s a true taste sensation. At this Art Deco Stourbridge bar, we’re talking tasty artisan and small production gins each with very much with its own character. From the delicate Dancing Dragontail Summer Gin and Pinkster Gin, to the more robust Monkey 47 and Brooklyn Gin, there’s something for all palates. You might be presented with some more unusual flavours too, such as Saffron Gin.
When it comes to actually tasting gin, serving it with a tonic is the best way for you to appreciate the blend of botanicals in each individual gin. But did you know that which mixer you choose for your gin with can affect the overall taste of your drink? From ginger ale to lemon tonic, tonic waters come in various flavours. It can be minefield out there, so thank goodness the ginthusiast can show you the way.
Whilst you’re tasting away, head chef Andre will be serving freshly prepared nibbles, from patés and crackers to tasty goujons. It really is all very civilised and, as well as sampling lots of those botanical busting drinks, you get to learn a fair bit too. If gin tasting in Stourbridge sounds like your kind of entertainment, book now for the two of you!
• Selected Thursdays at 19:00 and selected Saturdays at 12:00 throughout the year
• There is generally at least one session per month
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Food is not provided but can be purchased from the onsite restaurant
• Dr Hardwicke's Gin Emporium, Lye, Stourbridge