• Blend your own gin at Dr Hardwicke's Gin Emporium
• Welcome and introduction over a delicious G & T
• Learn about the different tastes/aromas provided by each botanicals unique properties
• Enjoy a classic gin cocktail
• Your ginstructor will talk you through the processes involved in creating gin
• Advise on choosing the botanicals for the gin you are going to create
• Write your own recipe and name your gin!
• While you wait for your unique gin to be created a final gin cocktail is served
• Take home your very own 70cl bottle of gin and a 50ml bottle of Dr Hardwicke's Hop Gin
• Experiences last between 3-4 hours, including a 45 minute break
Gin Blending for Two
• Share the experience with a friend or family member!
• Take home your very own 70cl bottle of gin to share and a 50ml bottle of Dr Hardwick's Hop Gin each
What Can I Expect
Get mixing those botanicals on this gin blending experience! As the gang at Dr Hardwicke’s Gin Emporium says: ‘It’s been a long and winding road to redemption from the gin craze of the 18th century’ and now bespoke serve gin is all the rage. This experience gives you the chance to concoct your very own bespoke gin and take it home with you!
Dr Hardwicke’s Gin Emporium has been designed in a 1920s Art Deco style as part of the renowned Sadler’s Tap House at the Windsor Castle Inn in Lye in Stourbridge, which is owned and run by fifth generation brewers. As well as producing fine ales, this lot love a glass of gin, which is why this bar dedicated to gin has been created. It’s also where your gin blending experience takes place.
And your time at gin school starts as it means to go on, with a nice G&T over introductions. As you go on to hear about gin, how it’s made and what you’ll be doing over the course of your session, a classic gin cocktail will be being freshly prepared for you. As you sip away, it’s your turn to procrastinate, cogitate and ponder over which botanicals you’d like to use in your bespoke gin blend.
So many flavours and aromas to choose from, it’s going to be a tricky task, but your ginstructor (lovin’ the name!) will be on hand to assist, so there’s no chance of your coming up with gin that’s undrinkable (perish the thought!). Once you’ve decided on your personal recipe, it’ll be written down and stored, so that you can re-order your bespoke blend whenever you like.
In the meantime, the gin mixologists will be off working their magic behind the scenes to produce the blend you created. And whilst that’s all happening it’d be rude not to amuse yourselves with yet another gin cocktail to help while away the wait in a gin emporium in the best possible way.
When it’s ready, your 70cl bottle of gin will be presented to you, along with a 50ml of Dr Hardwicke’s delectable Hop Gin to take home with you. And if you want to make a full day or even a weekend out of your gin blending experience, The Windsor Castle offers rooms and, as well as serving it’s own superb craft ales and those gins, also serves delicious food too.
• Selected Saturdays throughout the year
• Sessions generally start at 12:00
• Minimum age 18
• You will form part of a small group of up to 8 participants
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Food is not provided but can be purchased on site
• Dr Hardwicke's Gin Emporium, Lye, Stourbridge