• Helicopter sightseeing flight in a Bell 206 Ranger helicopter
• Choose from a 20, 30 or 60 minute flight duration
• You will form part of a group of up to 4 participants
20 Minute Flight
• Brands Hatch - Birds eye view of Brands Hatch, Rochester Castle, Cathedral and Historic Dockyard Chatham
30 Minute Flight
• Leeds Castle & Medway Coast - A North West Kent tour including Rochester Castle and Cathedral, Historic Dockyard Chatham, Chilston Park Hotel, Leeds Castle & Maidstone before returning to Rochester
• QE2 Bridge & Bluewater - Take in numerous well known sights - Rochester Castle & Cathedral, Historic Dockyard Chatham, QE2 Bridge, Bluewater Shopping Centre, Brands Hatch Race Circuit, Eynsford Castle & Lullingstone Castle
60 Minute Flight
• National Trust & Kent Castle Tour - Take in some of the most spectacular castles and houses in the South East - Leeds Castle, Sissinghurst Castle, Bodium Castle, Bateman's, Scotney Castle, Hever Castle, Knole House and Ightham Mote
• Kent Tour - Some of the best views of Kent, including Rochester Castle & Cathedral, Leeds Castle, Ashford, Challock, Battle of Britain Memorial at Capel le Ferne, White Cliffs of Dover, Dover Castle & Docks, Walmer castle, Canterbury Cathedral and the Historic Dockyard at Chatham
What Can I Expect
Experience Garden of England sightseeing at 2000ft! These helicopter sightseeing flights from Rochester Airport explore every corner of Kent, with a variety of flight itineraries for you to choose from.
Rochester Airport is a well-placed airport in the north of Kent. As soon as you take off in the helicopter, you’ll realise you're on the cusp of built-up towns and the green countryside you associate with Kent’s moniker ‘the Garden of England’. It’s the county where maritime heritage, industrial history, motoring tradition and historical castles all combine.
Depending on which direction you head off in, you will see very different things on these sightseeing flights out of Rochester. Opting for the 20 minute flight is great for exploring the local Medway area. There are two flight itineraries to choose from on the 30 minute tours, giving you the chance to head north to the Thames, or see the Medway and Maidstone areas. The 60 minute options offer a mix of castle and coast taking in classic Garden of England locations and seaside too.
And don’t forget your departure point for these flights. Rochester town centre itself has much historical merit and is synonymous with Charles Dickens. You’ll also find Chatham fascinating. You’ll discover how the historic dockyard dominates the whole area. See if you can spot the likes of Commissioner’s House, the dry docks and boat house as your swoop over in the heli.
Kent is full of castles, which is why so many of them feature on these sightseeing tours! The most famous has to be Leeds Castle near Maidstone - it's the stuff of fairytales, sitting on the middle of a lake. If you like your historic houses, the 60 minute National Trust and Castles tour is a must - from Knole House sitting atop the vast Knole Park near Sevenoaks, to the turreted 14th century Bodiam Castle - Kent has it all!
And of course, many of these castles and country houses boast fine grounds and gardens - hence the Garden of England. And whilst walking around them is a true delight, nothing can prepare you for looking down on them from a height. Rose gardens, mazes, the symmetrical designs, kitchen gardens and so on. You'll appreciate the landscaping and planting skills even more this way!
About as far removed from Garden of England flora and historical houses as you can get, these tours also give you the chance to see a slice of modern Kent. Gaze at the endless flow of cars snake across the Queen Elizabeth II bridge at the Dartford Crossing. Look down on Bluewater, one of Europe’s largest shopping centres and watch out for record breaking lap times being laid down at Brand’s Hatch motor racing circuit. With so much to see, it’s just a question of which Garden of England sightseeing tour to choose!
• Selected dates throughout the year
• Flights generally take place on weekends and weekdays during summer holidays
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All routes are subject to air traffic and weather conditions and may vary at the pilots discretion
• Rochester Airport, Kent