• Drive up to 5 classic cars for 160 miles
• The route runs across Worcestershire, Gloucestershire and the Forest on A, B and minor roads
• A pub lunch in the forest is provided on route
• Fuel for the route and insurance for one driver is included
• There will be two drivers per car
• Driver and passenger option is available - one driver per car and a guest can accompany you
• Road trips typically last for up to 9 hours
• Please note cars are subject to change
• E Type 4.2 Coupe
• Jaguar E Type
• Ford Capri 280
• HMC Healey (currently unavailable)
What Can I Expect
Discover a hidden corner of the country on roads less travelled on this classic car rally! You will be circumnavigating the Forest of Dean on this road trip, departing from the base in Redditch. And this is no bog-standard road trip setting off from the Cotswolds; you will be motoring around the route in a choice selection of fabulous classic sports cars!
The Forest of Dean is a plateau that is bordered by the River Wye and the River Severn, on the edge of Herefordshire and the city of Gloucester. It’s a truly lovely place, yet relatively untarnished by tourism. The roads are pretty quiet too, which makes the Forest of Dean the ideal basis for a classic car rally route such as this one.
Setting off from and returning to the organiser’s HQ in Redditch, this is a circular road trip around the Forest of Dean that’ll take in villages, market towns, woodlands and countryside on the 160-mile itinerary. You could call it a bit of a Shires tours, as you’ll be passing through several counties including Worcestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire and Gloucestershire on your travels.
The road trip has been designed to be comfortably done in a day. It’s a group thing too, so you’ll all set off together and discover the Cotswolds and the Forest of Dean as a group. There’s full event support too, in case of any breakdowns or incidents - but fear not, these classic cars are in tip-top condition for this road rally.
And it’s a superb fleet of cars. The actual line-up used on the day might change, but you can expect the likes of Jaguars, classic Capris, Jensen Interceptors and Healeys to feature. You will be driving up to five different vehicles during the tour route. All are fab cars to drive, as they hark back to the days when ‘going out for a drive’ was an acceptable leisure pursuit!
For these classic car tours, you can buy a voucher for one driver who will paired with another on the day to make a team of two to share the driving. Or you can opt for a driver plus passenger package, travelling as a duo with one of you driving and your passenger guest alongside you.
• Selected weekdays and occasional weekend dates
• Road trips typically start at 8.00 am
• Due to popularity this experience is fully booked for 2019
• Drivers must hold a full manual UK driving licence with less than 6 points
• Drivers must be aged between 25 and 75
• Spectators are welcome to view your departure
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional collision damage waiver is available to purchase when booking your date
• Credit card details will be taken as security against the vehicle while it is in your possession
• As with all classic cars there is no guarantee they will be available on the day. In the event a car is unavailable it will be substituted with another classic car from the extensive fleet
• Redditch, Worcestershire