• Welcome and registration
• Briefing on safety and circuit driving techniques
• Drive the Mustang GT for 6 laps at Stafford, 5 laps at Wigan, 5 laps at York or 3 laps at Anglesey
• De-briefing session and presentation of driver analysis form
• Collection of your driving certificate
What Can I Expect
Experience the all-American sixth generation Mustang GT on a test drive! This is your chance to drive this modern Ford Mustang GT around a proper race track, which is where this iconic muscle car most likes to be. Time to hit the gas, US-style!
The 6g Mustang (as Ford aficionados affectionately refer to them) coincided with the 50th anniversary year of the Mustang. One of your original ‘pony cars’ this 21st century model retains that burly look of the original, but with all the mod cons you’d expect, from stylish black alloys, push button start and paddle-shift transmission. But if you’re a fan of the old school muscle cars, you’d be pleased to hear the ambient lighting remains, as does that distinctive vertical bar style tail-light - albeit in LED form nowadays.
Today’s Mustang GT is what motoring magazines describe as a ‘fastback coupe’. Still sporting the running horse emblem on the grill and still manufactured at the Ford plant in Flat Rock Michigan where it has been since 2005, this model, which went on sale in 2015, is the first Mustang to be built in a right hand drive version, making this Ford’s first truly global Mustang. Now we just need to see how the Mustang takes to British driving…
Considering it’s weight, the car certainly does shift in a straight line, posting a more than respectable 0-60mph time of 3.5 seconds, making this the perfect freeway cruiser. When it comes to the corners, it can be quite a different beast. This is a rear wheel drive Ford and with that 5.0l Coyote V8 engine busting out a cool 500bhp, your Mustang GT can prove to be quite hot to handle on the hairpins, so this drive is sure to test your braking and cornering skills to the limit.
Oh and just as you’d expect from a big, bold American motor vehicle, you can’t miss it in amongst a whole fleet of cars. It’s brilliant metallic white, complete with twin racing stripes from the front skirt, over the hood, the roof and down over the trunk and a burbly V8 to boot, so you’ll certainly look the part as you head full throttle around the track. Apart from a bit of Vanilla Ice’s ‘Rollin’ in my 5.0’ blasting out of the stereo, what more could you possibly want from a Mustang GT test drive?
• Available on weekday and weekend dates dependent on the voucher chosen
• Morning and afternoon sessions are available
• Premium time slots between 11am-3pm can be purchased direct with the operator upon booking for a £10 fee
• Stafford events run throughout the year
• Anglesey events operate between April and September/October
• Weekday sessions generally run on Wednesdays and Thursdays
• Wigan events operate on selected Mondays between March and October
• York events operate between March to October
• Participants must hold a full manual driving licence
• Maximum height is 6'6''
• Maximum weight is 18.5 stone
• Spectators are welcome
• Extra drives and high speed rides are available on the day subject to availability
• There is no limit on spectators at the venue and no age restrictions (under 16’s must be supervised by an adult)
• No animals are allowed onsite
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Facilities include: Onsite parking, catering facilities and toilets
• Optional cancellation policies (£25) and damage waivers (£25) can be purchased from the supplier when booking
• Seighford, Stafford is an approximate 1.1 mile long track with 2 main hairpins and chicanes
• Anglesey, Wales is an approximate 1.5 miles long and is an international racing circuit used for motor racing
• Three Sisters Circuit, Wigan - is an approximate 1 mile long track (available on Mondays only)
• Tockwith, Motorsports Centre York - is an approximate 1.2 mile track