• 20-30 minute pre flight briefing
• 30 minutes of hands on control of the 4 seater aircraft*
• 30 minutes of observation time in the rear of the aircraft*
• Post flight briefing
• Personalised flight certificate
• Complimentary drink at The Oak next door to the airport entrance
• There will be two participants in the aircraft
• The whole experience lasts approximately two hours
What Can I Expect
Want an in-depth flight experience that shows you just what it's like to pilot a light aircraft and packed full with loads of air time? Then hot-foot it to this Midlands-based flight centre, where these extended flying lessons give you all the insider aviation knowledge.
During your experience you will be treated to a real 'insiders' view of what happens at a flight school, as you follow exactly the same process as someone starting out in the journey to become a fully qualified pilot. And yes, if you do carry on, this session will count in your pilot's log book.
'Hands on' is definitely the word here as your instructor will make sure you are in control for as much of the flight as possible on this experience. Unique to this Midlands school, these flying lessons let you taxi the aircraft out (and you may be surprised to know it's done with your feet!) and actually take the plane onto the active runway ready for take off.
In fact, as long as you're up for it and confident, the only parts of this flight your highly experienced co-pilot instructor will handle are the actual take off and landing sequences. If you've really got a feel for this flying lark, you will even be able to control the turn onto base leg and set up the approach to the runway prior to coming in to land. Truly thrilling and way beyond the usual trial flight experience.
So where will you be flying during your lesson? Well, it's truly the Midlands-wide as, although it's called Coventry Airport, you are actually just over the border in Warwickshire. And given that you will be in the air for around an hour, you'll get to see a whole lot of the Coventry and way beyond. But of course, this flight experience isn't just about the views from the cockpit. Based on two people sharing, you will spend around 30 minutes up front in the hot seat honing your skills and when you're not flying you will be observing all that's going on from the rear seats of this four seater training aircraft.
We think these flying lessons in the Midlands are the perfect choice for really getting to grips with what flying is all about. And as a little extra touch, you can celebrate the end of your fascinating flight experience with a complimentary drink at The Oak public house at the entrance to the airfield - thought to be the unofficial officer's mess when the airfield was an RAF fighter station in WW2.
• Available throughout the year, subject to weather conditions
• This experience requires two voucher holders per flight. If you choose the voucher for one, availability will be subject to a second voucher holder attending
• Minimum age is 14
• Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• 2 forms of identity including photographic ID will be required on the day
• Maximum weight 16 stone
• Maximum height 6ft 3 inches
• Spectators are welcome to attend and watch participants in flight with plenty of great photo opportunities
• Subject to weight restriction and availability an interested observer may observe from the rear seat for an additional fee of £50 (min age 14)
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• *Flight times are measured 'chock to chock' so will include some time on the ground
• Coventry Airport, West Midlands