• Welcome, introduction and full safety briefing (on dry land)
• Full equipment hire including wetsuit
• One to one instruction
• 35 mins with the Flyboard and instructor, with at least 25 mins on the Flyboard
• Fly 6 metres above the water
• Allow 1.5-2 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Go flyboarding in Chepstow at the fabulous National Diving and Activity Centre! This is a great place to have a go at the crazy sport of flyboarding. If you’ve always wondered what it’d be like to ‘walk on water’ this is as close as it gets - and it’s as totally exhilarating as you’d imagine!
Flyboarding, for the uninitiated, is you strapped onto a small board that resembles a skateboard. A hose is attached to a jetski that’s out on the water next to you. This provides the power to get the water propelled from outlets on the board - and that’s what gets you ‘flying’ in the air. First time flyboarders often describe it as Iron Man meets dolphin!
It’ll take a few goes for you to feel the balance and get used to being forced up and out of the water by the jet sprays, so there’s no avoiding getting wet for this experience. Before heading out you will have an on-land briefing so you know what to expect. Once out on the water, you’ll work through the three separate stages of getting up and out of the water.
What’s great about this Chepstow experience is that all flyboarding lessons are taught on a one-to-one basis, so you can really progress quickly with your instructor right next you on the jetski to encourage and coach you. Before long you’ll be getting high enough in the air to wave to your friends and family watching from The View cafe’s terrace. And if you really take to it like a duck to water (‘scuse the pun!) you might be up for trying a few dolphin dives - the signature move of flyboarders.
We have to say, the azure blue waters of this former quarry make for a unique place to try flyboarding in Chepstow and it boasts not only great facilities for visitors, but also a friendly an enthusiastic welcome from the flyboard team. All the gear is provided for you, including a buoyancy aid, so you don’t even have to be a brilliant swimmer for these thrilling flyboard experiences.
• Selected weekends and weekdays throughout the year
• Sessions may be cancelled due to extreme weather conditions, in this instance you will be offered another date
• Minimum age 16, under 18's must be accompanied by an adult signatory
• This activity requires a good level of general fitness
• Buoyancy aids will keep you afloat, so suitable for poor-swimmers
• Spectators are welcome
• There is a viewing terrace for guests at the centre's cafe
• Guests are not permitted on the pontoon or near the water
Anything Else I Need To Know?
You will need to bring;
• Flip flops or trainers to walk to the water
• A large towel for your shower afterwards
• Additional warm clothes
• Your own wetsuit if you have one (if not they are provided on the day)
• The National Diving and Activity Centre - Chepstow, Gloucestershire