• A flight in a hot air balloon at heights of up to 4,000 feet
• Flights last around one hour but allow 3-4 hours for the whole experience
• The opportunity to assist with the inflation and deflation of the balloon
• Some locations offer a glass of champagne on landing with others offering slightly longer flights
• Presentation of a flight certificate
• Return transport back to the launch
• Experiences operate with baskets holding between 8 and 16 people
What Can I Expect
Into the Blue unrestricted hot air balloon flights are offered in partnership with Balloons Over Britain; a name synonymous with adventure and flight, who have over 70 balloon launch sites across the UK.
The hot air ballooning vouchers on this page offer the maximum flexibility and convenience, being valid for dawn and dusk flights throughout the week, including weekends, making the perfect present for someone you love. Into the Blue also offers
sunrise balloon trips which present excellent value for money.
The experience starts with a passenger greeting, followed by the inflation of the balloon. This is great fun to watch, with passengers and spectators often invited to join in whilst cold air is blown into the balloon and then heated. Just before climbing into the basket, it's time for the pilot briefing and once everyone is settled (and with cameras at the ready) it's time for take off.
Gently, with the hot air lifting the balloon off the ground, you'll will drift skywards and, as you watch the ground slowly drop away, friends and family down below soon look like little ant-sized people. Your familiar towns become toy towns and the rolling countryside becomes a glorious patchwork quilt of seasonal colours as you climb to an altitude of up to 3,000ft.
You will be airborne in the balloon for about an hour, depending on weather conditions and, yes it is true that the pilot never really knows precisely where you will land - but fear not, the ground crew are in radio contact with the pilot and follow the balloon to the safe landing spot! The pilot can control altitude by using the gas burner to control the temperature of the hot air in the balloon and often a change of height can result in a change of direction. Essentially you are being carried by the wind like a dandelion seed!
Once landed, the ground crew will meet you and there's a champagne toast to celebrate your adventure whilst the balloon is being deflated. Your experience ends with the presentation of a commemorative certificate signed by your pilot, before being transported back to the launch site. Make your special day extra special with a
gift experience from IntotheBlue.co.uk
• The main Ballooning season is from March/April to October/November, subject to availability and weather conditions
• Vouchers are valid for morning or evening flights, seven days a week (subject to availability)
• Balloon flights rely on suitable wind speed and weather, if you are unlucky with the weather you can rebook another date with the Balloon operator
• You must be a minimum of 4'6" (1.4m) tall and weigh less than 18 stones (114 Kg)
• Minimum age is 8 years
• Under 16's must be accompanied by a responsible adult
• You will need to climb into the basket and stand for the duration of the flight
• The experience is not suitable for pregnant women
• Spectators are welcome free of charge to watch, but there are no special or separate facilities for spectators at the launch site
• Once airborne, spectators can follow the balloon if they wish at their own risk, however following the ground crew vehicle is not recommended
• If spectators arrive at the landing site, they must seek permission from the ground crew to enter the site.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Hot air balloon flights take place at venues throughout the UK and there's no need to specify the venue on buying your voucher
• It is advisable to wear sensible outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear. Bring a hat and remember launch sites may be muddy in Spring and Autumn.
• Balloon flights rely on suitable winds and weather. If your flight is cancelled due to the weather you can rebook another date with the Balloon operator. Should your flight be postponed by the operator on 5 or more occasions in a one year period, they will extend the voucher for 12 months free of charge, if necessary, further extensions will be given on the same basis. If the user has not met this condition but they contact the Operator before the booking expiry date, the Operator will provide the user with the opportunity to fly for a further 12 months from the expiry date at a cost of £50 per person.
• Specific Launch sites within the areas may vary and will be decided upon by the operator to suit weather conditions on the day
• Locations are subject to change
• Bath - Bath City
• Bristol - Bristol City
• Berkshire* - Reading, Padworth
• South Buckinghamshire - Great Missenden and Quainton
• Cheshire - Chester, Nantwich and Whitchurch
• Cornwall - Launceston
• Derbyshire - Rowsley, Tissington Hall and Clover Fields Caravan Park
• Devon - Exeter, Plymouth, Tiverton
• Dorset - Sherbourne, Shaftesbury, Blanford
• Gloucestershire - Evesham, Moreton in Marsh
• Hampshire (North) - Basingstoke, Hartley Wintney
• Hampshire (South)* - Micheldever, Alton, West Meon
• Herefordshire - Eastnor Castle (Nr Leadury), Worcester Racecourse
• Hertfordshire - Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Watford, Tring
• Kent - Paddock Wood, Bewl Water
• Monmouthshire - Llanarth, Tintern, Monmouth
• Norfolk - Norwich
• Oxfordshire (South)* - Oxford
• Shropshire - Whitchurch, Nantwich
• Somerset - Taunton, Castle Cary, Yeovil
• Staffordshire - Shugborough Hall, Trentham, Stone
• Suffolk - Eye (nr Diss)
• Sussex (East) - Ashdown Park Hotel, Hickstead & Patcham
• Surrey* - Farnham, Godalming, Guildford
• Warwickshire - Warwick, Stratford upon Avon, Morton in Marsh, Evesham
• Wiltshire - Larmer Tree Gardens and Tollard Royal
• Worcestershire - Worcester Racecourse, Eastnor Castle
• Yorkshire - York
*not available for weekday mornings