• For all options allow spending up to two hours on site
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Instruction from an experienced instructor
• Experiences take place in a Porsche Boxster or Subaru
First Drive Experience and First Drive Plus
• Each driver will spend approximately 30 minutes (2x15 minute sessions) behind the wheel driving
• Introduction to the basics of car control; pulling away, stopping smoothly and steering
• Subject to capability you may also learn how to change gear, position the car and reverse
• Perimeter roads on a disused airfield site are used for the experience
• The vehicle will be shared by up to three young drivers
• First Drive Plus also includes a high speed passenger ride
First Drive Exclusive
• This option gives you exclusive use of the car and driving instructor for two hours
• This can be used by one person or is also a popular option for birthday parties
What Can I Expect
Introduce youngsters to the art of car handling on these First Drives available nationwide! Combining expert instruction with a purpose-built circuit, it’s a great way to take your first steps to driving success. And what’s more, it’ll be at the wheel of a fancy Porsche Boxster or a super cool Subaru!
After a welcome meeting and briefing, the first drive out on the track is actually as a passenger on a demo lap with the instructor driving. Then it’s over to the junior drivers, who will be coached in basic theory whilst they are at the wheel. Each youngster will be assessed by the instructor and the course then tailored to build and improve upon their initial skills.
The courses offer first time drives for all abilities, with a minimum age limit of just 10. And when your little racer isn’t at the pedals, they’ll be a passenger picking up tips from the other young drivers in their group.
If you want to up the adrenaline dose, the First Drive Plus experience follows the same fundamental format, but includes a high speed passenger ride on the track to round off the day, showing enthusiastic youngsters just how fast these little cars can go. For the full works, the First Drive Exclusive session is a private experience lasting two whole hours, to be taken alone or shared amongst a group of friends.
By the end of their first drive at their choice of venue nationwide, each pupil should be able to pull away smoothly, steer correctly and stop safely. If they are progressing well they may also get to practice gear changing, using mirrors, positioning the car and even reversing!
It’s a fun day out for friends and family and a proud moment for parents as their little motor monsters eat up the track like professional drivers. If you think you know a little racer who’d love to take their first drive at a circuit near them, then put your foot on the gas and get booking!
• Selected Saturdays (generally one per month) between March and November
• Places are limited and in high demand so please allow plenty of notice if looking for a specific date
• Drivers must be aged between 10-17 and not hold a full driving licence
• Height restrictions: minimum height 4ft 1ins, maximum 6ft 6ins
• An adult or guardian is required to accompany the child on site and must be able to sign an indemnity form for the driver
• Spectators are more than welcome to come and watch free of charge
• There are toilets on site
• There are limited covered viewing areas
• You are advised to bring your own refreshments and snacks
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• All drivers on the day will have the option to pay a non-refundable £25 damage waiver which will cover them against any damage that may be caused to the vehicle(s) in the event of an incident
• Drivers who do not wish to take this waiver will need to sign a disclaimer and will need to be able to cover the cost on the day for any damage to the vehicle up to a maximum amount of £5000. Credit cards will need to be provided with a £5000 limit or about for this reason. Debit cards are accepted however please be aware a pre-authorisation applies to debit cards to check funds are available
• Leicestershire: Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Lutterworth
• Oxfordshire: Bicester Circuit, Upper Heyford
• Wigan: Three Sisters Circuit, Ashton-in-Makerfield
Upgrade Options (payable when booking your date)
• Surrey: Dunsfold Circuit - £35