• A Family Powerboat Adventure for 2-4 people
• Welcome and safety briefing
• Exclusive use of the Honda 150 racing boat for one hour
• Your qualified skipper will guide you through driving the boat to whatever speed you desire
• Everyone will have the opportunity to drive the boat
• Experienced instructor will "take you to the limit" with a demonstration of wave jumping, high speed cornering, racing lines and starts
• Full waterproofs and safety equipment provided
What Can I Expect
Our family powerboat adventure that sets off from Southampton offers a day out with a difference for all the clan to enjoy! Landlubbers and water babes alike will love this powerboat session that'll see all of you whooping with delight as you ride the waves of the Solent.
Specially created for a family of four, this day out gives exclusive access to the Honda BF150 racing powerboat, so it's just you lot and the professional boat skipper on a wild ocean ride. These boats are strong and powerful offshore racers built to withstand a hammering over bumpy seas at speed – and you can have a taste of that if you want!
Setting off from Shamrock Quay, you'll cruise gently down the River Itchen and then out into Southampton Water. Then the real fun begins as the throttle is opened up and you'll feel the incredible surge of speed of this powerful vessel as you skim over the sea. These waters remain sheltered in most weather conditions, so even on a blustery day the sea will be very moderate and friendly for beginners.
Then you have the option of heading out into the wider waters of the Solent, where the wind and waves may be stronger and where you can try the offshore racing circuit. With more space for faster runs, you can ask the driver (often a current or past racer) to show you just what these fabulous machines can do.
Don’t forget, this is more than just an adventure ride lasting at least one hour – you can take it in turns to drive and challenge each other for the best results on the racing course! If you don’t fancy the thrills of speed, you can have a cruise and enjoy the sights of Southampton Water and the Solent, or even make a detour towards the yachting mecca of Cowes on the Isle of Wight. There are plenty of fascinating things to see out on the ocean wave, so enjoy!
• Selected Saturdays and Sundays from May to October
• This experience is weather dependent
• A family of two to four people
• Minimum age 4
• Under 17s must be accompanied by a participating adult over 18
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Please note this experience is not suitable for those with back, neck or heart complaints nor for pregnant women
• Friends and family are welcome to watch your departure and return
• There is a pub, cafe and restaurant on site
• Onsite toilets and changing facilities
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Participants should wear jeans or shorts and soft shoes or trainers
• Protective eywear ie sunglasses/glasses are highly recommended
• Please also bring a change of clothes - just in case
• Shamrock Quay, Southampton in Hampshire