• Drive a Jaguar F-Type R
• Welcome and registration
• Six miles (3-4 Laps) driving the Jaguar
• High Speed passenger ride in a performance saloon (instructor driving)
• Personalised driving certificate
• Allow spending up to two hours at the venue
What Can I Expect
Take your pick from a huge choice of tracks for this Jaguar F Type test drive! You may see the occasional F-Type out and about on the roads, but these deluxe sporting motors are definitely most at home on a circuit, so that’s just what we are offering with these drives.
Designed, developed and built in and around Castle Bromwich, this car epitomises British gentlemanly motoring. Yes, we know that it’s technically owned by international investors, but when you commandeer the likes of Ben Kingsley and Tom Hiddleston, the hottest actor on the universe right now, to promote your cars, you can tell the market they are going for with the F-Type.
Luckily, you're not obliged to be suited and booted, smooth talking and suave for these test drives. It’s actually all about letting this fantastic car do all the talking and even when it’s placed in amongst many other supercars, the Jag shines brightly as a stand-out car. And indeed, it might not be a supercar as such, more of a luxury sports coupe, but that doesn’t mean it’s not incredibly fun to drive and indeed, the F-Type will test your motoring skills to the max.
As well as the obviously beautiful design of the car and the exquisite engine, there are some rather neat little features of this car that you won't notice straight away. As soon as you start to pick up some serious speed in the F-Type, you can test the car’s handling even more, as the retractable rear-wing spoiler comes into play to provide more downforce to keep you glued the tarmac. But even neater are the door handles, which retract to be hidden when driving. Nice.
Inside ‘mission control’ you’ll see that this Jaguar is an eight-speed automatic, with various driving mode options available. If you still want driver input into your gear selection, there are the large paddle shifters on the steering wheel to play with and touch of the gear lever will also provoke a gear change too. Once again, all this depends on your driving style, but needless to say, whether you’re a bit of a motorsport maestro or have more of a cautious approach, taking a Jaguar F-Type out for a test drive is sure to be a thrilling experience!
• All venues operate from February to November
• Selected weekend and weekday dates are available
• Minimum age is 17
• A full UK driving licence must be shown on the day
• Drivers must be between 5ft and 6ft 5ins
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Trainers or soft soled shoes should be worn
• Family and friends are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Optional Damage Waiver is available to purchase from the venue for a fee of £25
• There is a covered marquee with seating and toilets at all sites
• Food and drink is available to purchase on site
• Professional photographs of the participants driving action can be purchased with prices starting from £25
• Elvington, York
• Castle Combe Circuit, Wiltshire (currently unavailable at this location)
• Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground, Leicestershire
• Blyton Park, Gainsborough
• Dunsfold Park, Surrey
• Three Sisters, Wigan
• NEC Arena Circuit, Birmingham
• Perranporth Driving Centre, Cornwall