• The experience lasts approximately 4 hours
• 3 practice laps and 24 racing laps
• All drivers compete in two heats and a final race
• You will be in a group of up to 45 people on the day
• There is a maximum of ten cars on the track at any time
• Final winners will receive trophies
• The experience is operated as a "non contact" racing event, however, some contact is inevitable in competitive racing
• Full bumper frames ensure the vehicles and drivers are protected
• The event organisers are founders of the British Oval Racing Safety Executive and full members of the Oval Racing Council International
• Tea, coffee and squash are included and are available throughout the day
What Can I Expect
This is your chance to go wheel-to-wheel extreme dodgem racing on the oval circuit in Birmingham in professionally prepared 1200cc saloon stock cars. With real life commentators, race marshals, pace cars and trophies for the winners, it really is grown up dodgem cars!
You will receive professional driving and safety tuition (as well as a few Dick Dastardly style racing tips) from the resident racing drivers and officials. Once you have been issued with overalls and a safety helmet, you will be introduced to the cars. They’re equipped with a strengthening roll cage and steel bumpers all round, allowing you to race safely whilst taking the odd knock.
A three lap driving practice session will enable you to test the handling and grip levels of the car, as you drive round the 400 metre asphalt oval. Then it's time to test your skill and nerve as you take part in the first of two point scoring heats each lasting eight laps. Up to ten cars will race at once, with each driver battling to get to the front of the pack and take the chequered flag using fair means or foul.
Based on the points you score in the heats, the steward of the course will then place you into a Feature Final where you will pit your skills against drivers of a similar ability in an electrifying eight lap final challenge to determine the trophy winners.
All drivers taking part in these thrilling extreme dodgem races in Birmingham receive a personalised souvenir programme as a memento of their day, but will you be good enough to take home a winners trophy?
If you like the excitement of oval racing but want something more unusual, check out our Auto Circus and see something really unique. Please check out our main racing car page for alternative ideas on racing car gift experiences.
• This event operates on selected Saturdays throughout the year, usually with at least one event per month
• Sessions start at 9.00am
* Events resume on Saturdays from 11th July 2020*
• Drivers must be reasonably fit
• A valid driving licence is required
• Minimum height is 4'10", maximum 6'6"
• Maximum weight is 20 stone
• Warm comfortable clothing and sensible footwear/trainers should be worn
• You may be asked to sign an indemnity
• Maximum group size 30
• Spectators admission is £5 and includes refreshments and programme
• There are excellent viewing areas from which to view the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• This track is hugely popular amongst professional Stockcar drivers and hosts some of the biggest events in the Stockcar Calendar, located in Birmingham a short distance from Birmingham City Football Stadium