• Drive a Ford Escort RS2000 on a purpose built rally stage
• There will be 5 people per car, taking it in turns to drive
• A rally certificate will be awarded on completion of the course
Half Day Escort RS2000 Rally Experience
• Learn the fundamental driving techniques of the rally car and the skills to get maximum performance from the vehicles
• You should allow 3 hours on site for this experience
Full Day Escort RS2000 Rally Experience
• Enjoy a full day mastering the newly taught skills on the demanding rally stages
• A timed competition will decide the driver of the day and the top driver will receive a trophy
• Lunch is not included within the day
• You should allow 6 hours on site for this experience
What Can I Expect
Once upon a time there was a rally driving experience in Oxfordshire where you step back into motorsport history to drive the good and the great Ford Escort! A good serving of 1970s nostalgia most definitely on the menu with these fabulous and funky half and full day rallying sessions at this school near Bicester. One of our most popular venues in the UK, it's your chance to drive a rally legend.
The original and still the best. The Ford Escort MKII RS2000 is one of the most successful rally icons of all time. The Escort has won more world championship rallies than any other car in the history of the sport. The Mk I star was the Mexico and this was superseded in the MKII production by the inimitable and still current RS series.
Awash with rally victories from 1975 to 1981, the list of drivers piloting the RS to the podium reads like a who’s who of rallying. There’s Timo Makinen, Roger Clark, Bjorn Waldegard, Hannu Mikola and not forgetting Ari Vatanen, whose co-driver David Richards you might know from Aston Martin and specialist rally outfit ProDrive fame.
But enough of the history, it’s time to bring old school rallying back to life in Oxfordshire, as it's your chance now to give rallying a go at this superb venue just outside Bicester. Enjoy the thrill of handbrake turns, power slides, Scandinavian flicks and quickly learn how to control the car in understeer and oversteer situations on the special rally stage.
The reputation of the rally school here in Bicester is riding high too, boasting a long history of competing in major rally championships. The fleet of cars is all serviced and maintained in-house too, providing professionally built Group four spec rally vehicles for us all to enjoy.
What we love about all these Oxfordshire sessions is that you will stay with the same rally instructor throughout, so together you can build your skills and learn just what it tales to handle these two wheel drive sliding machines.
Of course, the full day rally driving experience at this Oxfordshire-based school is the ultimate, as it gives you loads of time behind the wheel to explore the bespoke special stages in these full blown rally legends. One last highlight is a timed event at the end of the day to see who is the champ of MK II Escort rallying at Bicester! No wonder this is one of our most popular rally schools. We reckon it’s time you got booked in!
• Courses are available all year round on both weekdays and weekends - Please call for availability
• The half day Escort Rally is available on either morning or afternoon sessions, arrival times are 9:30 and 13:15
• For full days, you are advised to arrive by 9:30am and it will end around 4pm
• You must hold a valid driving licence
• There are no height or weight restrictions as fully adjustable seats are used
• Casual clothing should be worn along with trainers or thin soled shoes
• It is advisable to bring a jacket or warm clothing in the winter months
• Spectators are welcome on the understanding that they sign a declaration of indemnity and on payment of £10 per person
• Spectators will have the opportunity for rally hot rides subject to cost and availability
• Dedicated viewing areas with seating are provided.
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bicester shopping village is nearby
• B&B's, local pubs and restaurants can be recommended (Please ask a member of staff on the day and they will be happy to advise you)
• Hot and cold refreshments are available to buy from the on-site bar
• Near Bicester in Oxfordshire with good access from the M40