• Drive the latest electric 'eco' Go Karts capable of 40mph
• Take on the 500 metre, multi level track with 7 challenging corners including a unique banked turn
• Welcome and full safety briefing
• 15 mins practice session/qualifying followed by a 15 min race
• Electronically timed laps and printouts
• All racewear is provided
• Trophies will be awarded to the fastest 3 drivers on the day
• You will usually be joining a group of other drivers on the day
• Events usually last around 1 hour 45 mins
What Can I Expect
You might think the words ‘electric’ and ‘go karts’ could never successfully go together, but when you see just how nifty these Eco Karts are, you'll soon be converted. The world of West London karting is totally electric!
We have to admit, we had our doubts too when we heard this karting track near Acton runs an entire fleet of electric vehicles. They are slightly heavier than your standard petrol versions, but technology has come on in leaps and bounds and during testing at the track before going into service, it turned out these Lithium battery powered models actually out accelerated their gas-guzzling cousins.
So hop on and see just how thrilling electric karting actually is. Capable of speeds of up to 40mph and having the very distinct advantage of zero emissions (keeping the London powers that be and the neighbours happy), this is responsible karting at its fastest and most fun.
The circuit in West London is superb. A good 500m long, it's multi-level with some impressive banked corners (amongst the seven bends in total), interspersed with some nice high-speed straights. To give you an idea of what you should be aiming for, the average lap time here is 28 seconds, so let's see how you compare when you get out there.
The format in Acton gives you two 15-minute driving sessions. Your first outing is a practice and qualifier, so you can get used to the figure of eight track pattern and how these electric-driven karts handle.
Then get your ignition on in your electric go kart and get ready for your second session. It's the race proper, so it's time to step up your game and get out there to race. All that remains to be seen is who will win the environmentally friendly karting trophy at Acton's action-packed circuit.
• West London Electric Grand Prix are run on selected dates each month
• Minimum age 16
• Drivers must have an inside leg measurement of 29" or over
• Spectators are welcome to come and watch
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Balaclavas must be worn under your helmet whilst racing. You can purchase a disposable balaclava for 50p on the day, a reusable cotton balaclava for £3.50 or you can bring your own
• The venue boasts a bar, food and drink facilities and free onsite parking
• Warple Way, London, W3
• Nearest Train is Acton Mainline
• Nearest Tube is Acton Central