• Off Road Electric Dirt Bike Experience
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Experiences start with basic training, learn the controls and how to ride the dirt bike
• If suitable for your level of riding, move on to Super-Charge training in readiness for the Advanced Circuit
• Once trained, ride the 1.2km Advanced Circuit with turns, jumps, dips and fast corners
• Complete the 1.2km course with turns, jumps, dips and fast corners
• All safety equipment including helmets, boots and goggles is provided
• Experiences last approximately 1.5 hours with option of adding more ride-time (payable direct)
• Please allow for up to 2.5 hours on site for this experiences
• Once you have completed your session, you will receive a free membership, allowing you to return for further riding without the need to repeat training
What Can I Expect
No gears, no clutch, no kickstart - that’s the electric dirt bike! These clean-running and near silent electric motocross bikes are shockingly good fun. For anyone with motorcycle or mountain biking skills they’re pretty easy to ride, yet they pack a punch that would give a traditional 125cc dirt bike a run for its money.
Even dirt biking dudes who dismissed these electric bikes have had to eat their words as these latest generation electric motorcycles look like and perform just as well as their standard petrol rivals, but without the oil, grease and ear-shrieking noise of a two stroke engine. All this means that you won’t annoy the neighbours, cattle or hikers as you silently, but swiftly pass by on your electric motocross bike, whilst still looking cool.
This operator has a fleet of e-bikes including KTM Freeride Es. Your machine will be chosen to suit your height and experience. In all cases, there is no clutch and no gears, so these electric bikes are all relatively easy for those with basic biking skills to get to grips with.
These experiences take place at the UK’s first and only electric off road riding centre near Chester. Rather than a trek type scenario, you will be learning to master the motocross off roading circuits that feature bumps, berms and banks. But before you can bust moves to put Ricky Carmichael or Travis Pastrana to shame, all riders will pass through the basic training session that ensures you’re in good control of your electric motorcycle.
As part of this motocross experience you’ll also get Super Charge training, looking at things like body positioning, handling corners and jumping too, so you will be well on the way to being a proper electrified dirt biker by the end of the training session. And once completed, you will get to ride on either the beginner or advance circuit for a 20 minute session that will put your new skills to the test and give you a full-on electric dirt biking workout.
What’s so brilliant about these electric dirt bikes is that they aren’t just electric bikes, they are actually bonafide motocross bikes designed and built by the likes of leading motorbike manufacturer KTM - that happen to be powered by a Lithium battery pack under your seat!
• Vouchers are valid for Thursdays & Fridays throughout the year
• Opening times: April-October 10am-6pm, November-March 10am-4.30pm
• Weekend upgrades are available for an additional £10 per person payable when booking your date
• Dates and session times are subject to availability and weather conditions
• This is a physical activity that would benefit from previous motorcycle or mountain biking experience
• Minimum age 13
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Height restrictions: minimum 5ft 6ins, maximum 6ft 6ins
• Weight restrictions: maximum 16 stone
• Spectators are welcome and can sit back and watch the action from the on-site cafe
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear should be worn
• Preston Brook, Cheshire