• 1:1 drone flying lesson with an expert drone pilot
• Tuition on controlling the drone and techniques for safe flying
• Tips and advice on how to get great videos and still photos
• Lessons take place in a 60x40 metre indoor dome
• Opportunity to record or live stream your flight to Facebook
• Lessons are split between theory and practical, hands on flying
• One hour lessons provide 20-25 minutes flying time or for more in-depth tuition with 40-45 minutes flying time opt for the two hour session
What Can I Expect
Leaders in drone training in Scotland, this Scottish drone school has a background in helicopter services and aerial filming. That means they are well-versed in the rules and regulations of drone flying and also have many hours of flying experience facilitating filming and photographing from the air.
As well as providing drone lessons and instruction to guide you through the CAA approval process, this Edinburgh-based drone flying school also offers these introductory taster lessons. So whether you’ve already got a drone, are thinking about investing in one or just simply want to discover what drones are all about, these training sessions are perfect for you.
We are offering one hour and two hour drone lessons in Scotland. The training base is at the Heriot-Watt University campus, just west of Edinburgh city centre. Facilities are excellent, with both indoor and outdoor areas available for flying. That means that inclement weather you sometimes encounter in Scotland certainly won’t stop your drone lesson from taking place, as you’ll have a vast indoor sports dome complex to play in!
These drone flying lessons are actually within Edinburgh Airport’s Class D Air Traffic Zone (ATZ) rules, so your drone pilot hosts liaise with Air Traffic Control to ensure drone lessons (if done outdoors) are all approved before take off. And indeed, situations like this are all very much part of drone training, so it’s a fascinating insight into the etiquette and rules to respect when flying drones in zones such as Edinburgh Airport.
You’ll learn lots at this Scottish drone school; from how they fly and how you control them, to how drones are used to produce incredible aerial film footage and photos. There’s also plenty of hands-on flying time, with the one-hour lesson giving you around 20-25 minutes of flying time, whilst the two-hour session extends your time to 40-45 minutes at the controls of the drone.
So if you fancy getting to grips with how unmanned aerial vehicles work and fly, book your drone training at Scotland’s leading drone school and let your drone skills literally take off!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 14
• Unders 18s must be accompanied on sit by an adult
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action from designated viewing areas
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The centre has excellent restaurant and cafe facilities
• Preferential rates at the nearby 4 star Marriott Hotel are available when booking your date
• The Oriam Centre, Edinburgh
• Conveniently located near Edinburgh Airport