• 1:1 drone flying lesson with an expert drone pilot
• Learn how to fly the DJI Phantom 4 or DJI Mavic Pro drone
• Tuition on controlling the drone and techniques for safe flying
• The ten most common reasons people crash and how to avoid them!
• Tips and advice on how to get great videos and still photos
• Instructors are fully PfCO qualified drone pilots
• Lessons are generally split 50:50 between theory and practical, hands on flying
• Choose from a one hour lesson or for more in-depth tuition opt for the two hour session
What Can I Expect
Learn to fly a drone safely with these lessons! Offered at locations around the UK, these drone lessons could set you on the road to becoming a pro drone pilot and pro film-maker, producing slick aerial images.
This drone school has gathered some of country’s finest CAA approved drone pilots to provide the best teaching possible. Crucially, all lessons are provided on a one to one basis, so they are entirely geared to you and your needs. The idea is that the teaching incorporates both theory and practical, so as well as hands-on drone operating, you get a good understanding of the technicalities and issues behind operating drones.
Indeed, this company devised the drone lessons as an extra after-sales service for clients who were buying drones from their shop. It has to be said, a professional-standard drone like the DJI Phantom doesn’t come cheap and whilst the manufacturer says it can be flown straight out the box, you risk crashing or even losing the drone if you haven’t been taught the basics.
And now having given over 3000 hours of coaching and drone lessons between them, these pro pilots have got delivering drone lessons spot on. They’ve devised what they call the 4:4:3 methodology for learning how to fly a drone and they reckon with an hour of private tuition from your CAA approved drone pilot, anyone can be safely flying and filming with their drone. A second hour allows for more flying time and gives you the chance to experience some of DJI's fantastic 'intelligent flight' modes, even instructing the drone to fly itself!
Each lesson is bespoke to you too. So, if you’ve already dipped your toe into the world of drones and actually want to make the most of the DJI Go App, that's possible. So is the chance to focus on how to get the best out of your filming and stills photography using a drone. You can even use the lesson as a stepping stone to learn more about getting your PfCO (that’s the Permission for Commercial Operations certification from the CAA). Then again, if you’re a total beginner, you’ll appreciate a lesson covering the 10 most common reasons why people crash their drones and how to avoid these mistakes.
The locations for these 1:1 drone lessons are varied. For example, in Chester your base is the company’s headquarters, with lakeside drone flying right outside the offices. In Bradford you’ll be treated to stunning views over the River Aire, whilst in Scotland the Pentland Hills are your picturesque backdrop.
No matter which location you choose, you will learn to fly a drone in just one or two hours, thanks to the one to one coaching from the professional drone pilots who lead these bespoke courses. All you’ll need to do then is save your pennies to buy the full drone and camera set up!
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are usually available
• Dates and session times are subject to availability at your chosen location
• Drones cannot fly in the rain or strong winds. Should the weather be unsuitable lessons will be re-scheduled for an alternative date
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• One friend or family member can observe free of charge
• Flying time can be shared with your guest on the two hour course
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bradford - Mecure Hotel, Bingley, BD16
• Bristol - Mecure Hotel, Frampton Cotterell, BS36
• Burton on Trent, DE13
• Cambridge - Anstey Hall Hotel, CB2
• Chester - Regus Business Centre, CH4
• Edinburgh - Pentland Hills, EH10
• Llandudno - Conwy Marina, LL32
• Macclesfield, Congleton CW12
• Maidstone - Mercure Great Danes Hotel, Hollingbourne, ME17
• Watford, Hunton Park Hotel WD4
• Winchester - Norton Park Hotel, Sutton Scotney, SO21
• Yorkshire - Askrigg, DL8
• Locations are subject to change