• Drone Flying Experience
• Introduction to flying drones using a drone simulator and controller to understand the functions and how to fly
• Fly a Mavic Pro through the outdoor arena, designed to assist with safe control and navigation of the drone
• Take control of the Phantom 4 Pro and learn various settings including taking pictures and videos
• Unique opportunity of flying the Inspire 2 X5S, capable of speeds up to 70mph
• Take the Inspire 2 X5S up to 400ft and capture images and videos from above
• A still image taken from the Inspire 2 X5S to take away as a memento of your day
• Complimentary hot and cold drinks are provided
• Allow between 1-3 hours on site for this experience depending on the group size
• You may form part of a small group of up to 6 participants
What Can I Expect
Looking for drone flying in London? This is where it all happens. These drone flying lessons take place at Theobalds Park, just off J25 of the M25 - and it’s London’s first outdoor drone flying arena!
What we love about these experiences is the fact that there are multiple modules to the day. It’s not just turning up and flying a drone, this London-based team makes sure you get a fun and highly informative day out, working with a variety of drones.
First up is time on the drone simulator. You’ve got a real set of controls in your hands to fly a virtual drone on the high definition screens in front of you. A bit like a radio controlled car you may have used before, it does take a little time to get to grips with the basic control moves, so this is an excellent way to get started.
Then you’ll move out the drone arena. This is a specially designed circuit with hoops and slaloms to test your new found piloting skills. As you weave in and out of the flags, through the aerial hoops and loop back around, you’ll soon appreciate how agile your Mavic Pro drone is.
But of course, aerial obstacle courses aren’t the only things drones are used for. Drones are superb for aerial videos and photos and that’s the next step in your drone course in London. You’ll be training with a Phantom 4 to hone your visual skills, practicing videoing and photographing techniques from the air.
Then comes the big one. The Inspire X5S series is the commercial drone of the moment for professionals. Providing incredible 5.2k-quality aerial footage, this is the go to drone for producing images to impress. It’s also pretty nifty, capable of flying at up to 70mph (handy for following a cheetah running across the Serengeti, for example!).
You’ll be using the Inspire to capture your own antics from the air, as you get the drone up to 400ft, to take footage of you, your fellow drone lesson colleagues and spectators waving at the camera, as a neat little memento of the day you took your drone lesson in London. Brilliant fun and open to those as young as eight, it’s a superb day out for all.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All sessions are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Sessions will be rescheduled if weather conditions are unfavourable ie. in the event of strong winds (over 24mph) and/or rain
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Up to 6 spectators per booking are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• Sunglasses to avoid glare whilst flying are recommended
• Participants should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled session time
• The onsite-log cabin has toilet facilities and an in-house cinema where simulator training takes place
• Theobalds Park, Hertfordshire, EN7
• Conveniently located close to Junction 25 of the M25