• Exclusive off-roading experience for two people
• Share the drive time or one person can just ride as a passenger
• 1:1 tuition from qualified and LANTRA approved instructors
• Learn off-roading skills as you drive across exciting terrain and up slopes you didn't think were possible to climb!
• The fleet consists of Toyota Hilux Pick-Up trucks and Mark 1 Land Rover Discoveries
• Sessions are tailor-made to individuals experience and requirements
• The centre boasts a diverse off-road course to experience the amazing capabilities of 4x4s
• A short demonstration drive from your the instructor followed by your chosen drive time
One Hour Session
• Approximately 40 minutes driving time
• Experience a real flavour of off road driving
• Tackle steep hills and a host of fun obstacles
Two Hour Session
• Around one and a half hours of driving time
• Learn some basic off road techniques and navigate plenty of challenging tracks
Three Hour Session
• Around two and half hours behind the wheel
• Acquire a better understanding of vehicle control
• Develop a more demanding combination of tracks
• Refine your skills driving over different environment
• Opportunity to drive both the Toyota and Land Rover vehicles (subject to availability
What Can I Expect
Exclusive 4x4 at Eastwell for two! Forget that old saying 'horses for courses' this is all about horsepower for off road courses when the two of you get to tackle the bumps and lumps together! This 4x4 session for friends is all about sharing - and it's up to you how you split the driving time.
It will just be the two of you in the 4x4 for the duration of the session. Your personal instructor and host will be sitting up front in the passenger seat, acting as font of all off-roading knowledge, tour guide and source of many an anecdote and amusing tale.
As for who's driving and who is playing back seat 4x4 driver? Well, that's for you two to decide, but most pairs choose to mix and match, swapping over drivers fairly regularly.
To tackle the technical stuff you'll need the right machine for the job. Lucky then, that this LANTRA-approved off road centre has a rafter nifty duo of vehicles ready and waiting. There's the big, shiny, Land Rover Discovery and the beefy Toyota Hilux. Both are proper 4x4s that do serious all-terrain work
Of course, after a few rounds of mud, dust and water, with the two of you at the helm, we can safely say the 4x4s will be absolutely covered in grime. Interestingly, the instructors have a tendency to drive with the windows rolled down…surely won't the water come in when you hit those troughs, sloshing muddy water up to the door handles?
A highlight of this session of 4x4ing for friends has to be when you egg each other on over the steep side slope. Instinct tells you to grab hold of the interior roof when you feel yourselves and the vehicle leaning dramatically to one side, but your instructor will be reminding you it's both hands on the wheel!
These off roading for two vouchers are offered as a one, two or three hour experience. If you plump for the longer sessions, you will both tackle the obstacle course, before having time to whizz off to try a nice bit of green laneing too (that's where you head off on rough tracks and trails across the countryside).
• Available 7 days a week including bank holidays (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day)
• Dates are subject to availability
• Weekday offer vouchers are available Monday-Friday only throughout the year
• Minimum age is 17
• A full driving licence must be shown on the day
• There are no height or weight restrictions
• The site is exposed and conditions underfoot can be wet and muddy, so appropriate outdoor clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended
• Non participating spectators are welcome to come along however there are no views of the driving area
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• There is an indoor guest area with tables and seating and toilet facilities
• Tea and coffee is available to purchase
• You are welcome to bring your own food
• Eastwell Manor offers accommodation, bars and restaurant facilities, the 4x4 centre can often arrange special deals and discounts
• Specific vehicles can be requested at the time of booking but can not be guaranteed
• Eastwell Park Estate near Ashford - a stunning country house estate set within 3,000 aces of woodland, fields and lawns.