• Drive a Land Rover Discovery
• Choose from a Taster, Adventure or 1:1 Experience
• Welcome introduction and safety briefing
• Demonstration and familiarisation from your instructor
• You should allow around 2 hours on site for all experiences
• You will be in a group of up to 3 people, whilst not driving you will sit in as a passenger
• Experiences last around 90 minutes, with a personal drive time of 25 minutes
• A shared 90 minute session with one other person
• Personal drive time is around 40 minutes
• A 90 minute 1:1 session with 1 hour personal drive time
What Can I Expect
Dig deep, climb high and grip that 4x4 Land Rover steering wheel tight - that's what this Dorset Off Road experience is all about! Driving around some of the toughest off roading terrain you can find in Dorset, this place has all the ingredients for a great session of 4x4ing.
This 4x4 centre is located in between Dorchester and Weymouth on a site that's easily accessible from the A354 and the A35. But once you've left that smooth-running tarmac of the public roads behind, you'll suddenly feel like you're going on safari here in Dorset, as you survey the expanse of the purpose-built off road run in front of you on your pre-experience walkabout. There's long grass, muddy bits, rutted bits and hits and drops to tackle.
At this point you might well be wondering if you'll be able to conquer this tricky Dorset territory. Well, luckily for you, you have some of the best cars in the business to drive and some very experienced off roading instructors too. We are particularly fond of Poppy, the bright red Land Rover Discovery. She may have been around the block a few times and clocked up a fair few miles in her off road career, but this 4x4 is a trustworthy companion - and she certainly looks the part with a handy winch fitted to the front bull bar.
What's more, as soon as you're safely belted up in the driver's seat, you'll realise the Landy gives you excellent all-round vision, enabling you to avoid those 'tree-trunk in blind spot' moments. It still takes a fair amount of spatial awareness to be able to judge exactly where you and the car are on the trails and this is where your instructor comes in handy. They know the route and the vehicle really well, so listen out for their hints and tips to help you get round the course in a clean sweep!
We are offering a range of 4x4 experience drives in Dorset. If you just want to dip your toe into the world of green laning, how about the taster session, which gives you around 25 minutes of drive time, so enough to get the basics of off roading sussed. If you're keen for more, go for the Adventure experience giving you 40 minutes in the hot seat. And for those who want to really get to grips with driving a Land Rover off road, our 1:1 Dorset experience gives you an exclusive hour in the Disco.
• Weekday vouchers are valid for us on selected weekdays, choose an anytime voucher to include weekend availability
• Courses run on Wednesdays to Sundays
• Participants must hold a full UK driving licence
• Minimum height 5'0"
• Maximum height 6'6"
• You must be physically fit and able to drive an unmodified manual car
• Not suitable for those with back/neck problems and pregnant women
• Spectators are not permitted
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Dorchester, Dorset
• Easily accessible from the A354 and A35