• Welcome and introduction from one of the resident DJ's
• Head out and discover some of the best record shops in Manchester on a mini-vinyl tour!
• Spend two hours on your very own DJ session on the exclusive 33 Oldham Street soundsystem
• Learn how to mix, play records and become a DJ
• Enjoy complimentary cocktails and nibbles
• Experience last approximately 4 hours
What Can I Expect
This DJ experience in Manchester is definitely one for self-confessed audiophiles. Forget everything digital, it’s all about amazing analogue on this vinyl DJing workshop. You’ll get to spin the platters that matter on a top-notch sound system in a great Manchester venue, as well as going on a local record shop mini tour.
This experience is audio heaven. Purists will always tell you that vinyl records have a texture and depth of sound you just don’t get with CDs and digital audio files. And despite all the fancy gadgetry on the market, nothing beats listening to music through a decent amplifier and speakers.
That is exactly what you’re getting yourself into with these workshops. Forget that Ibiza superclub DJ set up, this is a cool, retro lounge vibe in the very laid back 33 Oldham Street bar in Manchester.
The first floor of this bar hosts DJ sets, listening parties, audio events and these DJ experiences. And for all these sessions you need top quality sound so listeners can really appreciate the music. That’s why the team at this Manchester venue got Grammy award-winning producer Steve Levine and leading UK audio specialist MasterSounds onboard.
Needle skip and problems with badly pressed records are a thing of the past thanks to MasterSounds. They take Technics 1200Mk2 turntables (the classic deck of the dance age, kids!) refurbish and upgrade them, adding high-end arms, styluses and even turntable weights. Combine all that with Bryston Amps and uber cool PMC speakers and you’ve got yourself a sonic sensation.
It’s a sheer pleasure to be able to learn the craft of DJing on this sort of set up in this sort of venue. What's more, the workshops are hosted by one of 33’s in-house DJs, who will be as passionate as you about playing records and music.
And as if you didn’t need any more convincing that vinyl still very much has a future in music, these DJ experiences in Manchester also include guided tours to some of the best-loved records shops in the area. If you love music and vinyl, you will absolutely adore these workshops.
• Selected weekday and weekend dates throughout the year
• Sessions generally start at 10:00 finishing around 14:00
• Minimum age 18
• Suitable for small groups of 2-8 participants
• A minimum of two vouchers are required for this experience
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Vinyls can be purchased on tour or alternatively you can use some from the in-house collection for your DJ session
• 33 Oldham Street, a music themed bar in Manchesters's Northern Quarter