• A 60 minute flying lesson in a de Havilland Tiger Moth with sightseeing combined
• All flight experiences include a pre-flight briefing, the loan of a flying helmet and goggles
• Take the controls of the aircraft as part of the flight
• Opportunity to experience a few gentle aerobatic moves performed by your instructor
• Climb out past Cirencester. Your route takes you along the ancient Fosse Way to Stow-on-the-Wold, head up to Moreton-in-Marsh and to Broadway in Worcestershire
• The return leg gives you time to practice flying the Tiger or sit back and enjoy views of the Cotswolds
Ancient England Tour
• Travel East, turning at the Iron Age Uffington White Horse. Follow the Ridgeway to the South West, taking in Wayland's Smithy and Alfred's Castle. Continuing South West you will pass Barbury Castle and the Hackpen Horse before returning to Cotswold Airport
What Can I Expect
The ultimate Cotswolds Moth tours preparing for take off! These 60-minute biplane tours set off from Cotswold Airport near Kemble and promise to give you all the sights this Area of Outstanding Nature Beauty has to offer from a unique viewpoint - the air!
We have two flight paths lined up for you, namely the Cotswold Tour and the Ancient England Tour. Both routes are filled to the brim with fascinating natural and man-made landmarks. All experiences start with a pre-flight briefing, where your instructor pilot will explain your route for your aerial tour.
If you opt for the Cotswold Tour, you’ll head off from the grass airstrip in the direction of Cirencester. Passing over this delightful market town you’ll pick up the A429 Fosse Way. This ancient Roman road went pretty much in a straight line from Lincoln in the east to Ilchester in Somerset, and seeing it from the air is impressive.
You’ll pass over the most well-known of the Cotswolds towns and villages situated on the Fosse, including Bourton-on-the-Water with its delightful low bridges and stone houses. Then there’s Stow-on-the-Wold on the hill, with Moreton-in-Marsh on the River Evenlode your next way point on this ultimate Cotswold tour. Peaking over into Worcestershire, you’ll pass above lovely Broadway, before turning to head back, tracking the rolling Cotswold Hills on the edge of the Severn and Evesham Valleys.
If you love a bit of enchanting ancient history, the 60-minute Ancient England biplane tour is packed full of archaeological treasures. From the locations of legends to the famous Uffington White Horse - which is, of course, best seen from the air - you’ll discover them all on this most comprehensive of aerial tours.
You’ll follow the ancient Ridgeway route in a south westerly direction, taking in Neolithic landmarks and monuments as you go. Look out for Alfred’s Castle, the Iron Age hill fort not far from King Alfred’s victory over the Danes at the Battle of Ashbury in 871AD. See, we told you this was ancient history!
Both Cotswold Moth tour itineraries are brimming with sights. But there’s still time during your 60-minute flight to partake in a spot of gentle Tiger Moth aerobatics (if you’re up for it), which more than cements these flights as the ultimate in Tiger tours!
• Flights take place from April to October on selected weekend dates (generally one weekend date per month)
• All flights are weather dependent but don't worry if your flight is cancelled you can rebook for a convenient time
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Height restrictions: minimum 4ft 11ins, maximum 6ft 7ins
• You need to be agile enough to climb in and out of the aircraft
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire