• Welcome and introduction with a 30 minute ground briefing
• Your chosen flight duration
• Flight certificate on completion
What Can I Expect
Discover the East Midlands from the air on these trial helicopter lessons in Loughborough! Just 10 miles from East Midlands Airport, this low-key heli venue in the midst of the countryside near Loughborough is actually home to one of the largest helicopter operations in the UK.
The centre, which operates out of extensive farmland in the village of Costock boasts an elevated position over the surrounding countryside and is easily spotted from the road by the windsock and large hangar. The company looks after lots of privately owned helicopters, offering maintenance and operational services as well as pilot training, charters and, of course, trial lessons.
The main helicopters used for teaching are the Robinsons. These American-built choppers are the mainstay of the industry, being robust, reliable, but easy to get to grips with as a beginner and with the added bonus of great views from the mainly glass cockpit. For these experiences they have the R22 two seater helicopter available for lessons.
All trial helicopter lessons in Loughborough at this CAA approved school include a half hour ground brief, in addition to your chosen flight duration. The whole session will be treated as a proper lesson, so you will hear about the controls and principles of flight, before being given maximum time at the controls yourself.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year, subject to weather conditions
• Minimum age 14, under 18s must be accompanied by an adult on the airfield
• Maximum weight for a 2 seater is 16 stone
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Loughborough, Leicestershire