Themed Demo with Food
• Welcome drink
• Themed cooking demonstration
• Themes vary throughout the year but include Mediterranean, Thai/Indian, Spanish Tapas
• Food and wine to sample and enjoy
Full Day Cookery Course
• The course offers a full seven hour day to boost your cooking skills
• Themes range from quick and easy entertaining to summer barbeques and include Italian, Oriental and Mediterranean
• Spend a day with the chef in a small group, cooking socialising and talking about food in a relaxed atmosphere
What Can I Expect
These themed demos and cookery courses in Suffolk take place at a modern cooking academy near the centre of Ipswich. For these courses that aim to make cooking fun, you'll be learning from the owner and chef Mark David, ably assisted by his wife and business partner Annie who also is the organising force behind these courses.
As well as creating and leading courses and workshops, Mark David has exceptionally wide cookery experience, including hotel and outside catering, as well as swanky corporate events in the Suffolk area and beyond. He spent three years as an Egon Ronay inspector and a further year as restaurant manager at Robert Carrier's acclaimed Hintlesham Hall hotel. He now runs this, his own cookery school and is a regular author and broadcaster on all matters culinary.
His light-hearted, unpretentious approach to his courses has earned him a reputation in Suffolk as one of the best cookery teachers out there. And indeed, the emphasis at this very high-tech purpose-built school is on quick and easy entertaining with dishes to tempt the palate, but without stressing you out in the kitchen. All full cookery courses involve making bread, two starters, two mains and two desserts and maybe a couple of classic accompaniments to a meal such as risotto or a terrine and you will be working in teams in your own ‘pod’ cooking area, whilst the themed evening sessions are run as informative demos where you observe the culinary action.
So in essence, on the full day cookery courses you learn through actually making the dishes yourself, whilst the demonstration evenings are all about kicking back, relaxing and watching - and perhaps going as far as volunteering if your chef host asks for a helper - as everything from Gazpacho and Gambas, to Tarka Dal and Thai Chicken Stir Fry is being prepared before your very eyes.
You'll discover these cookery courses in Suffolk are as much about tasting food and wine as they are about actually making the dishes. We think this is one of the friendliest cookery schools we have on the books and you’re sure to have a fun and memorable day or evening being entertained by Mark and his team in their swanky demo kitchens. Don't forget to check our main cookery courses page for similar courses in other areas of the country.
• Selected Saturdays between 7-11pm
• Times 10am - 5pm on selected Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays
• Minimum age 18
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The teaching kitchen is fully equipped with the latest NEFF cooker, fridges and essential appliances
• The Stellisons Taste Academy, a state of the art Cookery School based in Ipswich