• Full day courses 10.00 - 16.30
• Half day courses 10.00 - 14.00
• A mix of cooking demos and practical cookery, taught in groups of 5 or 6 students to each teacher
• Sample the dishes you have created
• Tea and coffee are provided throughout
• Full days also include lunch
• Aprons, equipment and produce are provided by the school, all washing up and weighing out is done for you so guests can maximise their time cooking and eating!
More cookery courses are available on our main cookery workshops page.
What Can I Expect
These friendly and informal cookery courses in Nottingham give you a great choice of culinary days ranging from Perfect Pastry classes to Moroccan cookery workshops. As well as getting to grips with the practical side of things, your course includes refreshments and the chance to enjoy what you have been making.
The school was established in 1987 and is set in the beautiful Nottinghamshire countryside just a few miles from Nottingham City Centre. These courses are suitable for all levels of cooks, from beginners to those more experienced in the kitchen and the ethos here in Nottingham is to give students the know-how to up their cookery game.
Claire Tuttey, the principal, studied under Muriel Downs and Sarah Nops at the Cordon Bleu School in London and was awarded a diploma in 1979. She has worked and travelled throughout France, Italy, Switzerland and Ireland to gain her extensive knowledge of European cuisine, this having been complemented by the experience gained whilst working on the staff of two British cookery schools. After her gourmet globetrotting, Claire settled in this delightful Nottingham village of Plumtree where she has built a cookery school that has a reputation for lively and informative courses.
Indeed Claire's talents have been recognised with many personal commendations in the food and drink press, as well as in leading National and International Good Food Guides. Ever since the the professional kitchens opened, the aim, as Claire states, is to: "pass on to students the pleasure of serving delicious food with style and confidence" and we can't help but agree.
All cookery courses near Nottingham take place in Claire's well-appointed school complete with lecture room, kitchen with work stations and and relaxed dining and sitting areas. With every palate catered for, these courses will have you cooking up a storm by the end of this brilliant culinary day in Nottingham.
• Courses operate on selected Weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year
• Minimum age 16
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• The cookery school has excellent facilities with a large lecture room, individual purpose built kitchen workstations and a demonstration kitchen
• There are also relaxation areas and ample car parking
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• The school is located a few miles outside of Nottingham just off the A606