• One night break for two at The Coniston Hotel, Double or Twin Classic Rooms
• A traditional three course dinner in the Macleod's restaurant
• Drive a Landrover or 4x4 around the Coniston Estate for 30 minutes (shared driving time)
• The purpose built 4x4 course includes forest rails and a moorland safari
• Breakfast the following morning is included
• Two Hour Spa Access (needs to be booked in advanced)
What Can I Expect
Enjoy off-roading, dining and pure luxury on this 4x4 activity break for two! It’s destination Yorkshire for a night away with a difference, as you check-in to the delightful Coniston Hotel and get to drive around the estate in a rather nifty 4x4 vehicle.
Before we get round to the exhilarating 4x4 bit of this activity break, let’s tell you about where you’ll be staying, as the location is key to this fab overnighter. Coniston estate is a sprawling farm complete with lake, hills, grazing land and, rather conveniently, a luxury hotel in the middle of it all. And as you’d guess, being in Yorkshire, you’re surrounded by rolling hills and dales. Ideal territory for an off roader.
And indeed, the 4x4 part of this activity break couldn’t be any closer to where you’re staying. It’s just a short walk to the rear of the hotel to where the likes of the Land Rover Defender, the Range Rover and the Kubota RTs are lined up eagerly waiting to go trekking in them there hills.These Land Rover experiences certainly make the most of the terrain on offer - but will you be up to the challenge?
Of course, you won’t be on your own out there in the wilds of Coniston Cold. Sitting upfront beside you will be one of the Land Rover experience drivers who run these 4x4 activity sessions. During your 30 minutes behind the wheel you might venture into the Adventure Zone, lap up the lagoon or go meandering off on the moorland safari. There’s even a mad bit where you’re effectively driving up stone steps - not for the novices that’s for sure!
But don’t worry if you’ve never driven a 4x4 car before, let alone a hulking great Landy on ridiculously bumpy land that’s as far removed as the smooth tarmac of your High Street as you can get. The idea of these sessions, as part of your package, is to learn as you drive, with the help and the knowledge of your handy onboard instructor.
After you’ve impressed your partner with your clutch control, it’s time to head back to the hotel. This might be a 4x4 activity break, but the leisure time fun doesn’t stop there. Wind down a gear or two in the superb spa on the hill, sit on the terrace overlooking the lake, or just celebrate your off road prowess in the bar to start your evening meal, before turning in for the night.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• All dates are subject to availability
• Minimum age 18
• A full driving licence must be shown on the day
• There are no height or weight restrictions
• This experience is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Extra drive time can be purchased directly with The Coniston Hotel when booking your experience at £39 per 30 minutes
• The Coniston Hotel and Country Estate, Skipton, North Yorkshire