• A six hour course in the art of cocktails
• Full induction into making cocktails to a high standard
• Learning the steps of pouring, building, muddling, shaking and straining
• Understanding spirits and liqueurs
• A maximum of ten participants per course
What Can I Expect
Can you put the mojo into the mighty Mojito, the pizzaz into a Piña Colada or the sting into a Singapore Sling? Whether you are a beginner or already know a Black Velvet from a Buck’s Fizz, a course with our cocktail experts will be both fun and useful.
Yes, it’s time to go back to school with these Cocktail Making Classes in Brighton at the Bar School! You will be spending a full day with expert cocktail makers Myles and Tim at their bar school the Sussex coast. These two are the masters of mixing, shaking and stirring all your favourite drinks and are pretty nifty with the cocktail-shakers too. The talented pair of mixologists, or cocktail bartenders, are on hand to offer advice on every cocktail-related topic you can imagine and many you probably haven’t!
The six hour course is limited to just 10 students, so you'll have plenty of hands-on time at the bartender station to practice the tried and tested recipes for everything from a Cosmopolitan to a Kamikaze. And in fact, the course is designed to provide a good grounding in working with cocktails.
The day starts with introductions and then it’s straight into it as you are shown the basics of producing good quality drinks efficiently and with style, learning how to make some of the most iconic and popular cocktails of all time. In essence, this gives you the techniques you need to feel confident behind the bar so you can properly look the part on the other side of the bar!
One of the highlights of the course is learning the impressive 'free pouring' technique (pouring an accurate measure without a jigger or measuring vessel). Of course, you will also make use of standard cocktail making gadgets and equipment - and you’ll learn all the lingo too!
The classes in Brighton take place at a purpose-built venue that is more like a laboratory than a bar. You'll feel like an alcohol alchemist as you learn the trade secrets to become a cocktail master with flair and finesse - and yes, you will be able to taste the results of your fine work!
• Courses are available on selected weekend dates throughout the year
• Minimum age 18
• This course is designed as an entry level qualification and especially good for beginners
• Also suitable for those with limited experience in bar tending
• Alcohol may be consumed in this activity and therefore driving after should be avoided
• Unfortunately this course is not suitable for spectators but you will have gained the expertise to entertain and wow your friends and family with your new abilities!
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Brighton, East Sussex