• Three hour rock climbing and abseiling session
• Welcome, a safety briefing and demonstration
• Scale the ice sculpted limestone scarp
• Unbeatable views from the top of the climb site
• Exhilarating abseil down a 90ft drop
• All safety equipment is provided
• You will form part of a small group with no more than 10 climbers per instructor
What Can I Expect
Some of the best-known rock climbing is in North Wales, in particular around the Eglwyseg valley, which is exactly where you’ll be for your rock climbing adventure! Suitable for absolute beginners and those with some climbing experience alike, you’ll have a fun day out at this superb location.
And we have to say, this is adventure in the raw. Two rockface climbs and an exhilarating abseil down a drop of about 90ft is the aim of the day. This whole escarpment rises magnificently from the hilltop just outside Llangollen - and when you reach the top of your rock climb, the sweeping views of the North Wales countryside are nothing short of breathtaking.
The whole area around Llangollen is really popular with rock climbers. There are hundreds of sport and traditional climbing routes around these limestone crags, stretching from Llangollen to the appropriately-named ‘World’s End’, with names like Craig Arthur, Twilight, Monk’s Buttress, Dinbre and Trevor - where you’ll be climbing.
Your experience will begin with registration and welcome at the operator's centre, about a five minute drive away from the climbing crags. You will be provided with all the equipment you need, including ropes, safety helmet and harnesses. our fully qualified instructor will provide a safety briefing, demonstration of the equipment and outline of the action ahead.
Time to head off to those imposing crags, where you’ll group up with a maximum of 10 climbers to one instructor. You’ll be guided through two climbs, attached by safety ropes above and below. And remember, reaching the top is not the end of the story here. After taking in the panoramic views, it's time to descend with that thrilling 90ft abseil!
Brilliant stuff. You can approach rock climbing in North Wales at this superb Llangollen venue as simply a fun experience, or as a great introduction to a new activity pastime. It’s time to climb!
• This experience is available all year round
• Availability may be limited during winter months (November - February)
• Sessions are generally available at 09:00 and 13:00
• Please note there is a minimum purchase of two vouchers for this experience
• Minimum age is 8 years
• Under 16s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• This activity is not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes, such as tracksuit and trainers
• You will need your own transport from the centre to the climbing location (approximately 15 minutes’ drive)
• Toilets and changing facilities are available at the operator's centre
• Vale of Llangollen, North Wales