• A 1:1 Clay Shooting Lesson approximately 1 hour including safety briefing
• Taught by a Licensed BASC Shotgun Coach
• After the safety talk your instructor will talk you through stance and eye dominance
• Located on the edge of the Brecons the shooting ground offers various traps providing a good range of targets
• You will be helped and supported throughout your lesson
• Tea and coffee are available
• You will be provided with a suitable shotgun for your lesson
• Your lesson will include all cartridges and clays
What Can I Expect
‘Scores up, heads down on the guns’ is the motto for clay shooting in the Brecon Beacons! You will be learning all you need to know to go from being a miss-hitter to a hot shot right on target at these one to one clay sessions in this stunning corner of South Wales.
Your shoot takes place on some of that brilliantly wild and rugged Welsh terrain just on the edge of the Brecons. We think clays is one of the best activities in the Brecon Beacons for individuals, groups and indeed all ages. What’s more, being located near the village of Coelbren, it’s an easy drive to get there from the likes of Neath and Swansea.
The main man behind these clay shoots in the Brecons is Richard. His enthusiasm for his sport is infectious and he always spends time with newbies to make sure you all feel well prepared and ready for your activity. After the initial safety talk, you’ll be hearing about things like eye dominance, stance and gun fit. Getting the right size and calibre of gun is essential and this Brecons-based team endeavours to pick the correct shotgun for each shooter.
As this Brecons setting is utterly rural, there's loads of space to set up various target stands. You might be taking aim at clays over the brow of a hill, or across extensive shrubland. Indeed, it’s that sort of place here. We’re not talking all-singing, all-dancing fancy club, this is all about making the most of the countryside all around to offer some very authentic shooting scenarios.
Of course, full training is included on these Brecon Beacons shoots. You might pick up on things like the ‘kill zone’ and ‘pick up points’, that's to say where you start to track the clay with your gun. All you then have to do is pull the trigger and remember to continue to move the gun on the same trajectory as the target and…hopefully…it’s a smash hit! Woohoo!
If you’re looking for a fun and friendly place to try clay shooting, this Brecon Beacons shoot is a superb choice. It feels like you are really getting back to the basics of hunt shooting with such wild countryside all around you, yet you’re just a short distance from Swansea and Neath.
• Sessions are generally available on Saturdays
• Other days may be available on request
• A Minimum age of 10
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Spectators are welcome, tea and coffees are available to purchase on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Brecon Beacons, Powys, South Wales