• Introduction to clay pigeon shooting
• Learn the basics of shooting, including gun safety and shooting etiquette
• Choose from a 25, 50 or 75 clay session
• 12 bore shotguns are generally used with lighter weights available if required
• You will form part of a small group of up to 6 participants per instructor
What Can I Expect
A stunning location awaits for your clay pigeon shoot in Stirling! Learn how to handle a shotgun and smash those clays at this small and friendly centre in the countryside just 10 minutes from the centre of Stirling.
This Scottish shooting ground is the perfect location for beginners. A warm welcome, small groups sizes that are limited to six per instructor, high-quality equipment and brilliant tuition, all make for a fun clay shooting experience in Stirling. So if you’ve never shot before, these sessions are ideal.
Set in the picturesque Touch Hills just beyond Cambusbarron village, the shooting ground is lovely. With rolling hills covered in bracken, it’s a fabulous backdrop for a spot of shooting.
Specifically organised for newbies (though those with some clay shoot experience are welcome too!), this Stirling team makes sure everyone feels at ease. It’s perfectly normal for newcomers to be a little nervous about shooting a gun for the first time and there are questions about things like safety and in particular the recoil of the gun. All this will be explained to you carefully and clearly by the coaching team - and a suitable bore and weight of gun will be chosen for you to avoid that recoil situation!
So now you’ve got all gear, it’s time to head out to any of the six shoot traps dotted around this typical Stirlingshire heathland estate. All the clay layouts are customisable, so they can be set to your level. Instructors will be on hand to make sure you progress, assisting with essential skills such as your mount stance and the position of your feet - all that counts when trying to blast clays out of the sky.
All clay shooting sessions in Stirling are offered in terms the numbers of clays you’ll be aiming at. We’ve got 25, 50 and 75 clay packages for you and if you go for the 75, you can share you shoot time with a partner you can bring along - ideal for couples to have a go together at this great outdoor sport in a superb central Scotland location.
• Sessions generally operate on weekend dates with weekdays available for groups of 6 plus
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Spectators are welcome and relevant safety equipment is provided
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Comfortable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• 75 clay vouchers can be shared by two people if required
• Cambusbarron, Stirling