• Choose from 'Have a Go' clay sessions or 1:1 Tuition
Have a Go Clay Session
• Choose from a 20, 25 or 30 clay session
• Friendly and professional instruction
• Safety equipment, clays and cartridges are provided
• Please allow one to two hours on site
• You will form part of a group
• Choose from a 25 or 50 clay session
• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Off range assessment
• Tuition in the art of hitting a moving clay target
• All clays, cartridges and safety equipment is included
• All sessions are on a 1:1 basis and there is no time limit
What Can I Expect
There are two ways to hit the targets when you go clay pigeon shooting in Dover! At this family-run clay shoot in East Kent you can opt for either a small group session or one to one tuition from an expert, with a number of packages offering different numbers of clays to aim at.
Whichever you choose, you're sure to have fun shooting the clays in the East Kentish countryside. And when we say countryside, it's more like hidden away in the leafy woodland, as the centre is situated in the picturesque surroundings of Martin Mill, not far from Dover. Right down to the wood-clad club house, we think this clay shooting venue is the perfect place to try this country pursuit.
Individuals and small groups of up to 12 can book a voucher directly from our website for the 'Have a Go' group clay shooting sessions here in Dover, or you can opt for individual tuition on a one to one lesson. Group lessons take place alongside the regular Sunday shoots, whilst the one to ones can be organised at any time the club is open.
There are 100 birds available over 10 stands in a predominantly English Sporting layout, but what we particularly like here in Dover is that one of the clay shooting stands has been specially set apart for tuition. This means you are out of the way and can concentrate on getting all the basics under your belt, with the top notch instructor by your side the whole time.
Instructing here at this Dover shoot is very good. All lead tutors are CPSA qualified (that's Clay Pigeon Shooting Association) and are not only great shots, but also brilliant at teaching, with a knack of putting you at ease. After all, the first time you actually pull the trigger is quite an adrenaline rush and scary at the same time!
Once you've got used to handling the gun you will be tracking all manner of clay targets as they whoosh and float across the Kentish sky. Without tuition you'd be firing off into the outer hemisphere with probably no shot on target, but with an expert instructor deftly showing you the ropes, you can expect to be smashing a good few of the clays to a zillion pieces.
It's also worth noting that clay shooting in Dover is suitable for anyone aged eight years old or over and for youngsters and ladies there are lightweight 410 shotguns available. Don't forget, you can pick between a group session (20, 25 or 30 clays) or a private lesson with 25 or 50 clays, where they is no limit on time, as it's all about getting the most out of your clay shoot at this East Kent club!
Have a Go Clay Sessions
• Available every fortnight on a Sunday
• Available between 9am and 12.30pm
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18s must be accompanied on site by an adult
• Spectators are welcome to come along and watch the action
Anything Else I Need To Know?