• A deluxe chocolate making class
• Learn about the history of chocolate and its production process from 'bean to bar'
• Make Belgian truffles by hand from raw ingredients
• Dip and decorate your truffles with a variety of toppings
• Package up between 20-24 of your truffles to take home
• Interactive demonstration by your chocolatier on how to temper chocolate
• Chocolate fountain running throughout the event
• Please allow between 1.5 and 2 hours for this experience
What Can I Expect
Surround yourself with swathes of the stuff on a delicious Ultimate Chocolate Workshop! Cocoa fans are in for a real treat with these two-hour chocolate making courses held in a boutique hotel in Bournemouth, or a big business hotel in London, where you’ll be hand crafting Belgian truffles galore.
To tempt your taste buds, workshops start with a look into the history of chocolate and the wonders of cocoa, from bean to bar. From that point, the experienced chocolatiers hosting you workshop will take you on a choc-filled journey creating delicious Belgian truffles from scratch, using all those naughty-but-nice ingredients.
After you’ve prepped and piped, you’ll then be dipping your creations in chocolate, before designing and decorating with your very own bespoke toppings. Will you stay classic by rolling them in cocoa powder? Or perhaps you'll go for a bit of a nutty crunch to your sumptuous truffles? The choice is yours, fellow chocolate fiends!
A course highlight for us is the demonstration on chocolate tempering. This is the moment you’ll learn the secrets to give your choc that shiny, glossy and smooth finish, ready to dip your truffles into. Argh! It’s making us want to eat chocolate in vast quantities just writing about these ultimate chocolate-making workshops. And the fact that there’s a chocolate fountain permanently flowing throughout these classes isn’t helping. Just imagine being able to pop across to the free-flowing chocolatey goodness at any point for a cheeky dip. Simply divine. So divine in fact, that you’ll probably want one at home.
Sadly, you won’t be able to take the choc fountain home with you, but you will be leaving the chocolate kitchen with a pile of those fine, genuine Belgian truffle chocolate sweets you made all by yourself. We think you’ll agree, it’s a scrumptious way to end your ultimate chocolate workshop, laden down with your handcrafted chocolate treats as you leave the hotel. Just make sure you don’t eat them all on the way home before any of your nearest and dearest can sample them!
• Regular weekend dates throughout the year at Bournemouth with selected dates at the London location
• Workshops generally start at 12 noon or 2pm
• Dates and session times are subject to availability
• Minimum age 14 years
• Courses are not suitable for people with nut allergies
• The activity is not suitable for spectators, but as you take away your creations friends and family will get to taste test the chocs
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• As the classes are hands on, please ensure you wear appropriate clothing and footwear, aprons are provided
• You'll usually be part of a group of up to 36 guests on the day
• Disabled access may be limited at some venues
• Parking can be limited so guests may need to consider using nearby pay to park facilities or public transport.
• Bournemouth Chocolate Boutique Hotel, West Cliff
• London Holiday Inn, Kensington Forum