A Chocolate Making Workshop
• Introduction to the history of chocolate making
• Tasting of different flavour combinations and the bean to bar journey including 100% pure chocolate
• Create your own giant chocolate button using professional dipping forks to create marbled effects
• Make fresh cream truffles with dark chocolate ganache, milk chocolate fudge, bowls of melted chocolate
• Decorate your truffles using white chocolate flakes, honeycomb and strawberry curls
• You will take home approximately 15 handmade chocolates and your giant button, packaged in ribbon tied bags
• Workshops last for 2 hours
• You may be part of a group of up to 30 people
What Can I Expect
Go chocolate making in Brighton to learn all about cocoa and then make (and eat) some fab chocolates too! These workshops take place in a bright and funky meeting room at My Hotel Brighton, a trendy architecturally-designed boutique hotel in Jubilee Square, just behind the Victoria Gardens in the centre of Brighton.
You'll have two hours to learn the art of making proper artisan chocolates with an experienced chocolatier. The emphasis on these hosted chocolate experiences in the heart of Brighton is definitely on enjoyment. First you'll be discover how you take cocoa beans and follow a process to make the classic chocolate bar. It’s an entertaining, yet informative talk and you will be handed some tasty chocolatey treats to try whilst your host tells you all about how we came to be a dedicated nation of chocolate lovers.
We're pretty sure that you'll never have tasted 100% pure chocolate before and on this workshop you get to do just that. We all know how the big-brand chocolate bars on the supermarket shelves taste, but you might be surprised that getting back to the basics of the cocoa before all that sugar and fat is added makes for quite a different taste sensation.
Then it's over to you to work with your group to make a variety of chocolate products, from truffles and a dark chocolate ganache, to big chocolate buttons, fudge and more, using scrummy goodies. The chocolate you will be using is from Belcolade, based in Belgium, so you know you are going to tasting some fine choc that’s been whisked all the way to Brighton. The dark chocolate is 60% cocoa and the milk chocolate is at 34%...all very yummy and undeniably chocolatey!
As your chocolate workshop in Brighton comes to a close, there will be just enough time to package up approximately 15 chocolates you'll be taking home with you in a fancy ribbon tied bag. And one insider tip for budding chocolatiers - the room temperature has to be kept cool so that the chocolate can set, so it’s a good idea to bring an extra layer of clothing with you!
• Workshops run on Saturdays and occasional Sundays with either a 11:00 or 15:00 start time
• Groups of eight or more may usually choose different times
• A love of chocolate is obligatory!
• Minimum age 8
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
• An apron is included - so no need to bring your own.
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• My Hotel, Brighton