• The experience lasts two hours and includes the tasting of 6 different champagnes, including vintage and special cuvees, under the guidance of a professional wine specialist
• You'll learn the correct technique for tasting, styles of Champagne, how Champagne is produced and who the producers are
• You'll learn top tips for selecting your perfect Champagne as well as some fun facts about the world of Champagne
• The tasting is followed by a selection of smoked salmon canapes and cheeses, water, biscuits and notes are also provided
• There is a fun quiz at the end of the session with the chance to win a bottle of premium Champagne
• You may be forming part of a group of up to 20 guests
What Can I Expect
Get a taste of glamour with an evening spent Champagne tasting in London. This decadent drinking session will get a night out in the capital off to a sparkling start, with up to six different Champagnes to be sampled.
Your lesson in Champagne tasting takes place at the Danubius Hotel near London’s elegant Regents Park and lasts approximately two hours. During this time you’ll learn everything there is to know about Champagne, from the double-fermentation process of Chardonnay grapes, to the importance of the AOC (Appellation d’Origine Contrôlée) designation, which ensures that only sparkling white wine made in the Champagne region of northern France can be labelled as such.
They may all be called Champagne, but each estate’s produce is different, with varying aromas, colours and amounts of fizz. Descriptions such as brut, demi-sec and doux will take on new significance as this London tasting course teaches you to see, smell and savour these subtle distinctions and eventually decide which Champagne you prefer.
The tasting session also includes a little history of the key Champagne producers, whose wineries and vineyards are mainly based around the cities of Reims and Epernay. Even if you think you know all there is to know about this classic drink, there is sure to be something to surprise you - whether it’s the tale of the Widow (Veuve) Cliquot’s one-woman crusade to keep the family business running, or Dom Perignon’s initial efforts to rid his wines of all those effusive and unwanted bubbles.
If you’re looking to improve your vintage knowledge or just fancy sampling a few flutes of your favourite sparkling tipple, this cork-popping course on Champagne tasting within London’s fashionable West End is bound to fill any wine lover with a fizz of excitement. Raise your glass and toast these stunning bottles of bubbly as a true Champagne connoisseur
To learn more about how British wine is produced, why not try one of our vineyard tours around the UK, Make sure you visit our main gift ideas category for more great gift suggestions suitable for all the family and for any special occasion.
• Sessions take place on selected evenings throughout the year, usually weekdays from 7.00pm-9.00pm
• A minimum age of 18 years old is required
• This activity is not suitable for spectators
• The hotel offers a restaurant, bar and toilet facilities as well as providing access for disabled visitors
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Danubius Hotel Regents Park, London