Carriage Driving Lesson for Two
• One hour session driving a horse drawn carriage
• Learn about tacking up and how to drive the carriage
• Lessons can be shared between the two of you or one person can ride as a passenger
What Can I Expect
Giddy up for your carriage driving lesson in the lovely West Sussex countryside! We are offering the chance for the two of you to enjoy a horse carriage driving experience around this lovely country estate.
Be it pony and trap or Coronation coach, there’s something quite lovely about the trotting horse with carriage. From working horses doing beer deliveries, to majestic voyages by Royal appointment, horse and carriages used to be a very common sight. Nowadays it’s all about metal horsepower, but on these drives we take it back to the rather more genteel days of the traditional horse and carriage.
For all budding coachmen, no horse riding experience is necessary for these carriage driving lessons, as your instructor will be guiding you through the whole session, quite literally showing you the reins. You'll be taught a few key commands such as ‘Walk on’, ‘Steady’ and ‘Slow’ and before you know it you will be pulling away in your carriage, your horse proudly leading on.
You’ll learn lots and you'll realise that being able to work as a team with your horse is really quite satisfying. What’s more, as the voucher we are offering is for two people, you can share the driving between you. When you’re not driving, you’ll be a passenger in the carriage.
The location for these wonderful carriage drives is a stable at Warnham near Horsham. Being in the heart of rural West Sussex means there are miles and miles of safe trails and routes for you to follow, making it a very calm and safe place for you, your horse and your carriage. Time for a nice little trot in the countryside? Book your West Sussex carriage drive experience online now.
• Selected weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Morning and afternoon sessions are generally available
• Dates are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Minimum age 10
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Some riding experience is preferable but not essential for carriage driving lessons
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• Rusper, near Horsham, West Sussex