• Helicopter sightseeing flight
• You will form part of a group of up to 3 participants
• Flights are taken in a Robinson R44 helicopter
• Exclusive flights for two people are 15-18 minutes as per the City Tour itiniary
Exclusive Heli Buzz for Three
• A 5 minute flight covering approximately 7 miles for up to 3 passengers
• View Tiger Bay and the surrounding countryside
Cardiff City Tour
• 12-15 minute flight
• Fly over the famous landmarks of the city, including the Principality Stadium, Cardiff Castle and Cardiff Bay
Castles, Coast & Bay Tour
• 30 minute flight duration
• Take in the highlights of the city, flying over the docks, the bay area and the Parliament buildings before heading to Cardiff City Stadium and the Millenium Stadium. Fly North over Cardiff Castle, onto Caerphilly, then east to Ruperra Castle before heading back over Newport and along the coast with views of the famous Celtic Manor Resort
What Can I Expect
All aboard for these pleasure flights from Cardiff Heliport! Conveniently located just five minutes from Cardiff city centre, the heliport is literally on the edge of the docks in Cardiff Bay. It’s the ideal place to hop in a heli and tour the Cardiff area and beyond, with these thrilling helicopter sightseeing tours.
We are offering three different itineraries for these helicopter rides out of Cardiff heliport. If you want to stay local, go for the Heli Buzz. In five minutes you’ll travel seven miles right over the very heart of Cardiff to Tiger Bay and back. You see all the ‘best bits’ in this condensed tour.
The Cardiff City pleasure flight extends your airtime to around 15 minutes. As soon as you’re in the air you get a great view of Queen Alexandra, Roath, Atlantic and Bute East Docks. Then there are the Welsh Parliament buildings and Cardiff Castle. Manmade attractions don’t come much bigger than the Principality Stadium, where many a rugby and football match has been played. Wales’s national stadium is flanked by Cardiff City Football club on the east and the Motorpoint Arena on the right - and you’ll see them and a whole lot more on your Cardiff pleasure flight.
The Castles Coast and Bay helicopter ride also departs from Cardiff Heliport and naturally gives you all the local Cardiff highlights too. But this extended tour also takes you to see some superb historic castles - and by helicopter they are all even more spectacular. Marvel at the views as you fly inland making beeline for the stunning Caerphilly Castle. This medieval fortification has impressive water defences, surrounded by a moat and artificial lakes - and you've got the best possible viewpoint!
It’s then direction Ruperra Castle, a mansion house that has played a significant part in Welsh history. Once deemed ‘fit for a King’ when King Charles I stayed there, this 17th century edifice fell into ruin from the 1940s and is subject to various projects and plans, so who knows what its future is? It’ll be fascinating to follow its progress from the air. At this point this is where the helicopter will turn to head back to your Cardiff Heliport base, via Newport and the wonderful Welsh coastline.
We told you these tours were packed to the brim with sights to see! Cardiff and the surrounding coast and countryside have so many glorious things to observe from the air. And flying at around 1000ft in an executive chopper gives you the most privileged viewpoint ever, right from the moment you take off from Cardiff Heliport.
• Selected weekdays and weekends between April and October
• All flights are subject to availability and weather conditions
• Maximum weight 17 stone
• Minimum age 6
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult
• Spectators are welcome to watch your departure and arrival
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Shared flights are sold on the basis that all seats are occupied. The helicopter operator will do its best to fill all the seats including offering the option to add another fare paying companion(s). Flights may be rescheduled in the event that all the seats cannot be filled. Any such situation will be communicated to you by the helicopter operator in advance of the flight date
• Cardiff Heliport
• Conveniently located in Cardiff Bay, a five minute drive from the heart of the city