• Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
• Two 20 minute tank driving sessions (usually in an FV432
armoured personnel carrier and a TS2 Russian tank)
• Guided tour of workshops/armoury
• The car crush experience where you will be driving the Chieftain
• Allow spending three hours at the venue
What Can I Expect
Most of us have seen car crushing scenes in the movies or on TV and have always wanted to get behind the controls of a tank and drive it relentlessly over a car, well now is your chance to make your dream a once in a lifetime reality with this Car Crush Tank Experience near Brackley in Northamptonshire.
Rev up 'The Daddy' of all military vehicles, the Chieftain main battle tank and crush a complete car under the tracks of this 56 tonne monster as if it were an empty beer can. Then enjoy a moment of total satisfaction as you look back at the trail of shattered glass and twisted steel left behind you. Best of all because the Chieftain is so huge there's plenty of space for friends or family to ride in the tank with you and watch your face as you deliver total destruction to an innocent saloon or hatchback.
Your day out includes a welcome and safety briefing followed by two 20 minute tank driving experience sessions to ensure you can actually hit the target when the big moment arrives. You will also enjoy a guided tour of the tank workshops enabling you to learn a little more about these amazing machines and find out just how big a tool box is required to look after them!
There is also a huge armoury on site containing a bewildering array of weapons, ancient and modern. The team of ex military instructors will be only too happy to show you around and explain their uses.
Once you've experienced this car crush tank experience in Brackley, we're sure you'll want to take one home with you - handy for beating rush hour traffic and better fun than being sent to a warzone to be able to have the chance to get at the controls of a tank!
• Car Crush experiences are usually available on most weekdays and weekends throughout the year
• Places are sometimes limited by the availability of 'vehicle victims'.
• Minimum age is 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult or guardian whilst on site
• You must be reasonably fit to take part
• A driving licence is not required
• A maximum of six spectators are very welcome at a charge of £10 per person
• Spectators can ride in a 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier
• Additional rides may be available at the instructors discretion
• Spectators can sit on top of the chieftain for the Grand Finale Car Crush
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A camouflage suit and helmet will be provided
• You are advised to bring Wellington boots and gloves as the site can get very muddy
• There will be plenty of opportunities to take photographs of you enjoying your day
• Nearby accommodation, pubs and restaurants can be recommended by the operator
• Northamptonshire near the Silverstone Race Circuit with easy access from junction 15a of the M1 or junction 11 of the M40.
Tank Driving days are also available at other venues.