Day Tour to Bruges
• Return coach / mini bus travel (dependent on group size) and cross channel ferry (some dates by Eurotunnel)
• Free time to explore the city, museums and history
• The experience will last around around 16 hours
Belgium Overnight Weekend Break
• Return coach and ferry travel to Belgium
• One nights B&B accommodation in Lille, France
• Full day to explore the city of Bruges
• Visit to Ypres
What Can I Expect
Art, history, culture, beaches and, of course, chocolate - you'll see it all on an overnight tour or day trip to Bruges! This Bruges coach tour sets off from London taking you on the cross-Channel ferry to Calais and then onwards to Belgium to discover the Flemish delights of Bruges and neighbouring towns.
If you're on the day trip to Bruges, you will arrive in the city in time for lunch (why not try that classic local dish moules frites - that's mussels and chips!) and then have plenty of time to wander around this impressive medieval city often called Venice of the North because of the many canals that weave around the city walls.
To really lift the lid on what Belgium and France have to offer, we highly recommend the two day trip to Bruges by coach and ferry, as the itinerary is very comprehensive. Your first stop is Ypres (or Leper in Dutch) a town that saw many a brutal battle in World War I. You won't be able to miss the impressive Cloth Hall with its lovely fountain, or the imposing Menin Gate.
Your coach then takes you to Lille where you will be checking in to your overnight hotel. You might think it's just a port, but there are actually some nice, wide sandy beaches here, with a long esplanade to wander along, the pier and the neo-classical Royal Galleries arcades to explore too. The next day it's back on the coach to continue your tour to Bruges.
As you'll have all day in this capital city, you will have lots of time to really get to know Brugge, as it's known in Dutch. The Markt Market Square is a true delight and a great place to people watch over a coffee and pastry. One of the most famous buildings is the Church of Our Lady, with its brick spire reaching over 120m into the sky and you won't be able to miss the 13th century belfry with its 48 bells as it often chimes a tune (think the Colin Farrell film In Bruges!).
If you like your art, no trip to Bruges would be complete without a visit to the Groeningemuseum museum. It's a lovely building and there are works of arts from Belgian and Flemish artists, from impressionism to renaissance style. But if the real lure of this Bruges tour by coach is to sample the fabulous chocolates you won't be disappointed, as you can opt for a tour of a chocolate laboratory!
You can book a day trip to Bruges or the longer two day tour directly with Into The Blue and there are departures all year round, so whether you fancy hitting the beach in the summer, soaking up the festive atmosphere around Christmas time or the fresh spring time air and flowers, Bruges is a fantastic place to visit by luxury coach any time of year!
• Available on selected dates throughout the year
• Coach pick ups begin at 6.00am
• Return to London around 22.00pm-23.45pm
• Under 18's must be accompanied by a participating adult
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• You will need to bring a valid passport for this experience
• Coach departure times will be on your E-Ticket once you have booked in with the operator
• Several departure points from London
• Earls Court
• London Bridge
• Eltham Station