• Fly wing to wing in close formation with the Bristol Blenheim in a 1940s de Havilland Dragon Rapide
• Meet and greet with the pilots
• Ground viewing of the rare Bristol Blenheim
• View the IWM Duxford's historic and rare aviation collection
• Actual flight time in the Rapide is approx 30 minutes with the Blenheim flying alongside for approx 10 minutes
• All quoted flight times are chock to chock
• Souvenir photograph alongside the Bristol Blenheim
• Glass of Champagne
• Allow three hours for this experience, plus time to view the rest of the museum
What Can I Expect
Bristol Blenheim flights out of IWM Duxford - your chance to fly with the Bristol Blenheim on these very special wing-to-wing flights operated by a lovely vintage Dragon Rapide.
There is only one airworthy Bristol Blenheim and it’s this one. These exclusive wing-to-wing flight experiences will see you flying right alongside the beautiful Blenheim over the Cambridgeshire countryside in a Dragon Rapide.
This Rapide sports the RAF livery of the Dominie, the military version of this pre-war short-haul passenger aircraft. There are eight seats onboard for passengers and each one is a window seat, so you will be afforded incredible views of the Blenheim as you fly in formation - perfect for capturing incredible air-to-air photos of this much-loved bomber.
Developed as a passenger aircraft in the 1930s, the RAF commissioned a military version from manufacturers Bristol. By the start of the Second World War there were 1089 Blenheim bombers in service. Each aircraft flew with a crew of three: the pilot, the navigator/bombardier and the wireless radio operator/air gunner. The planes were equipped with Browning guns on the wings and a dorsal turret gun, with a bomb bay.
Technical advancements meant the Blenheim was soon outmoded, but she was still very much involved in the war, proving invaluable as a night time bomber. The aircraft suffered heavy losses in the war though, which explains why there were so few left by the time peace was declared.
Flying under serial number L6739, this imposing Blenheim was rebuilt as a ‘short-nosed’ Mark I version and first flew after restoration in 2014. She has been delighting IWM Duxford visitors and air show crowds around the country ever since.
It’s therefore a real honour to be able to offer these Bristol Blenheim wing-to-wing flights. You’ll enjoy a complete package on the day, which includes access to the IWM museum, a meet and greet with the pilots, your 30-minute Rapide flight, a professional photo of you next to the aircraft and even a Champagne toast to the day you met and flew with the only airworthy Bristol Blenheim in the world.
A must-do for any vintage wartime aviation fan, book now if you want to fly with the Blenheim!
• Flights are limited to just 3 or 4 dates a year
• Vouchers are valid for use on 9th May 2020 only and must be booked and redeemed on this date
• Maximum weight 18 stone
• Maximum height 6'6"
• Under 16s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• You may be in a small group of up to 8 people
• You are welcome to bring friends and family along however they will need to enter the museum to view the flight
• Entry to IWM Duxford is compulsory for participants and accompanying guests
• Guests will enjoy half price entry to the site, children under 5 go free
• There's a cafe on site
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Voucher holders also get free entry to IWM Duxford with discounted entrance for accompanying friends and family
• A visit to Duxford is a day out in itself so leave plenty of time to look around
• Please note you do not get to fly in the Bristol Blenheim on this experience
• IWM Duxford, Cambridgeshire
• The venue is just off the M11 making it easily accessible from London