• Have a go at Clay pigeon shooting
• Instructor on hand to offer tips and advice
• 20, 30 and 40 clay options available
• You will form part of a small group of around 8 participants
• All equipment is provided
What Can I Expect
Want to go clay pigeon shooting near Bishop's Stortford? Look no further than these clay shoot sessions at this small and friendly venue near Spellbrook. Easily accessible from the M11 motorway and not far from the Essex border, this is a great place to get a day out in the country off to a top start, as you splatter some nice clays to smithereens.
The guys that run this Spellbrook clay shooting ground want just one thing - for you to have fun. There’s bound to be a clay experience for you and it all takes place in a rather idyllic Hertfordshire location.
A great value taster voucher gives you 20 clays to shoot at. This is the one we recommend for absolute beginners, as it gives you enough time to get the idea of the sport and have some fun, whilst not getting too tired. It’s also ideal for younger shooters, as the minimum age here at Bishop's Stortford is 12 years of age, with an adult accompanying as either a spectator or participant.
If you’re looking for extended time out on the stand, the 30 clay option gives you more chances to clock up those direct hits. Anyone wanting to really get to grips with tracking clays in the sky and trialling up to eight different types of shoot, go for the 40 clay experience and really get stuck in at Spellbrook.
A dedicated stand will be set up, with an instructor stationed there. You’ll take it in turns to aim and shoot at the flying clays. The longer the session, the more types of clays you can try. The clays themselves are the same, but they can come at you from different ways and on different trajectories to represent different animals, such as grouse, rabbit and so on - and it certainly keeps you on your toes!
For groups of up to eight people, a typical 20-clay shoot will take you around an hour to complete. The pace is nice and steady and all the gear you need is included, along with the coaching to get you shooting with confidence. In fact, it has been said that when you go clay pigeon shooting in Bishops Stortford you’ll be expertly guided with clear instructions from encouraging and patient instructors. Now that’s sort of review we love to read!
• Sessions generally operate on Saturdays throughout the year between 10am and 4pm
• Weekday bookings can be arranged upon request
• Minimum age 12
• Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating or spectating adult
• Spectators are welcome
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Suitable outdoor clothing and footwear should be worn
• Spellbrook, Hertfordshire, on the Essex border
• Conveniently located just 10 minutes from Bishops Stortford