• 45-minute Themed Bi-Plane Tours in a de Havilland Tiger Moth
• All flight experiences include a pre-flight briefing, the loan of a flying helmet and goggles
• Opportunity to take the controls of the aircraft as part of the flight
• Your instructor can demonstrate a few gentle biplane aerobatic manoeuvres if requested
• Choose one of the following themed flights 45 minute flights:
• Inspector Morse Tour - Fly towards Oxford with views of the spires, pass over the inspector's favourite watering hole, The Trout at Wolvercote and then view Blenheim Palace before heading back to Bicester
• Midsomer Murders Tour - The tour travels to Waddesdon Manor, on to the Thame, before turning for Chinnor, on to Milton or Brill
What Can I Expect
Explore some of the best and most recognisable parts of the English countryside on these biplane tours! As well as all the sightseeing you’ll be treated to, you’ll also be invited to fly the plane yourself, as you go swooping in over those famous landmarks. What a brilliant combination!
When you take off in your vintage Tiger Moth biplane from the wonderful Bicester Heritage, you’ve got history right under your feet. This is a former RAF station that’s pretty much unchanged since the day it was built in the 1930s and boasts a listed control tower and hangars. You’re also well-placed for discovering some of the many well-known filming and historical locations in and around Oxfordshire as you fly.
Of course, your expert instructor pilot will handle take off and once you’ve had a few moments to adjust to the fact that you’re in an open cockpit biplane with a serious view, your touring experience starts proper. This is the moment you will be at the controls of the aeroplane as you cruise the sights.
This operator has come up with two air tour flight itineraries for you to choose between, both of which include plenty of aerial landmarks for you to spot whilst you are at the helm. If you love TV show Midsomer Murders, there’s a tour that’ll take you over directly over many of the quaint villages that make up Inspector Barnaby’s patch, including Wallingford, Nettlebed and Mapledurham. See if you can spot the Corn Exchange which doubles up as Causton Theatre!
Then there’s the thinking woman’s crumpet Inspector Morse. Whilst he furrowed his brow trying to solve the latest crimes in the city of dreaming spires, you will be grinning with delight as you fly over some of the most recognisable spots. Our favourite bit is spying Morse’s beloved country pub ‘The Trout’ at Wolvercote.
These brilliant biplane tours last around 45-minutes and give you plenty of time for sightseeing and flying all rolled into one experience. Are you ready for take off ? Then let’s go!
• Flights take place on regular weekends and weekdays
• All flights are weather dependent but don't worry if your flight is cancelled you can rebook for a convenient time
• Minimum age 14
• Under 18s must be accompanied on the airfield by an adult
• Maximum weight limit is 18 stone
• Height restrictions: minimum 4ft 11ins, maximum 6ft 7ins
• You need to be agile enough to climb in and out of the aircraft
• Spectators are welcome to watch the take off and landing
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• Bicester Heritage, Bicester, Oxfordshir.