• A two night midweek break in a luxury bell tent
• The tents are equiped with a double bed with bed linen, heating, lighting, 2 hot water bottles, indoor chairs, coir matting
• Outside picnic bench and cooking tent are provided (please bring your own cooking equipment)
• Toilets and showers are in a separate block on site
What Can I Expect
Spend two nights under canvas when you go bell tent camping! This small and very lovely camp site just outside Pocklington in North Yorkshire is the perfect spot for peace and quiet. This luxury bell tent offers cool camping for two adults to enjoy the tranquility in comfort.
Bell tents are essentially large canvas tents with a central pole and domed sides. If you’re a music fan, you will probably have seen the fields and fields of bell tents at Glastonbury Festival. You could call bell tents the glamping of choice for hipsters, but here in Yorkshire it’s just about the calmness and quietness.
Indeed, these bell tent breaks are offered on a kids-free and group-free camp site, so calm is guaranteed. Steve and Janet who run the wonderfully named Yapham Holds on the equally brilliantly named Feoffee Lane keep their small farmhouse campsite very well maintained, with just a handful of caravaners and campers on site alongside their bell tent and pods.
The luxury bell tent is pitched in a corner of one of the farm’s flat fields. It comes with a proper double bed inside, an electric stove and rugs covering the floor. Outside you’ve got the decking area for relaxing and enjoying the sunsets. Adjacent to your pretty white canvas bell tent is a little cooking tent and picnic table. Not that you’ll be cooking that much with the likes of the excellent Plough Inn serving delicious food in Pocklington village (a five minute drive or 40 minute stroll away).
The camping site is also really well-placed for exploring. It’s right on the ‘Way of the Roses’ cycling route, which is a 170-mile coast-to-coast tour that runs from Morecambe to Bridlington. You’re also only 40-minutes’ drive from York and even closer to the convenient Park and Ride service that'll take you straight to the heart of the historic city.
There'll be a warm welcome waiting for you when you go bell tent camping on the edge of the Yorkshire Wolds, not least of all from ‘the girls’ - the friendly free-roaming hens, who are well known for popping round to visit those staying on the camp site (and providing fresh-laid eggs for breakfast!).
• Breaks are available for arrivals on Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
• Dates are subject to availability with limited spaces during peak seasons and exclude Bank Holidays, Christmas, New Year and Easter
• Arrival times are between 14:00 and 20:00
• Departure time is before 10:30
• Bell tents are suitable for two adults
• No animals or pets are permitted
• Not suitable for spectators
Anything Else I Need To Know?
• A cooking stove with gas can be hired for £5 per night
• You will need to bring the usual camping equipment, except the tent
• Items you may want to bring along: towels, cooking utensils, pans and cutlery
• The venue operates a dead quiet policy between 11pm and 7am
• Additional nights may be purchased when booking your date, subject to availability
• Pocklington, North Yorkshire